Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark dm950usb

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
anyone tired this mixer with asio for all, claims it has 4 I/O

Posted Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 7:27 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Posted Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 2:25 pm
Not that it's any help today, but I'm planning to buy the CM200 USB mixer eventually. Will try it out if it works ok with ASIO.

Posted Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 3:37 pm
djsluePRO InfinityMember since 2005
I am loooking to buy it. Will it replace the need for a external soundcard like the Maya 44?

Posted Fri 30 Sep 05 @ 6:47 am
Response mail from Numark:

The mixers are really only 2 channel sound cards so they might not be suitable. (the mixers only crossfade between two stereo USB connections, not 4 at once) ASIO for all is not supported, but we have had reports of it working with our USB mixers.

Posted Fri 30 Sep 05 @ 4:58 pm
Antileon, this is enough to get working this Mixers with VDJ and TCVs and TCCDs... We only have to test if the response (latency) is enough too. I didn't find CM200USB in my area, but I will buy this and sell one of my old mixers.

Posted Fri 30 Sep 05 @ 5:53 pm
dmx001usb that i have, has two separate cards (powered not of mixer but usb so they are detected even when mixer is off)

Asio4all works ok.

YOu can switch on the mixer (both channles) whether you want to hear USB or line in.
You can switch on the mixer that if you record on pc, you will record what you hear in channel 1 or master. And for second soundcard you can choose between DECK out ot channel 2.

You are not able to record vinyls and play VDJ thru the same card!!!

This was confirmed by numark for me.

ANyway I'm not sure about other models. This is the case of DMX01USB. But rather verify this in numark that for CM2000 it works or not.

Posted Fri 30 Sep 05 @ 7:26 pm
I think they use the same USB sound card in his 3 USB Mixers (950USB, DMX001USB, CM200USB). But you can use another traditional sound card to record your mixes (like Sound Blaster) or your on board soundcard...

The CM200USB have this text in the webpage: "Two USB ports are included so you can take advantage of the multiple sound card feature found in most DJ mixing software. You can also record your mix at the same time as play back (full duplex)."

It seems this coud use VDJ and record at the same time.

Posted Fri 30 Sep 05 @ 7:30 pm
actually there are two independent soundcards inside on one board. You have to use 2 cables if you want both cards.

----
from the cm200usb manual (a read it just right now for the first time, my hopes are dead, i wanted to sel lmy DXM01 and buy this, but it will solve nothing):

USB Jack: This sends and receives audio data
from your computer. The USB A jack sends
audio to the mixer’s channel 3, while the USB B
jack sends audio to channel 4. See the separate
instructions for how to use your USB mixer with a
computer.

14. USB Output Select Switches: These switches
select what signal is output through each USB
jack. For the USB A jack, you can output either
the Record output signal, or a direct output of the
signal going into channel 3. For the USB B jack,
you can output either the Master output signal,
or a direct output of the signal going into channel
4. The direct output settings are pre-fader, with
no effects applied to the signal

So It won't work for tcv,
If the managed to record to USB from channel 1 and play it thru channel 3 it could solve the Timecode problems and you don't need oither soundcards. Since the it's out of use.

:-(

Posted Fri 30 Sep 05 @ 8:56 pm
so the answer for djslue is:

if you don't want to use Timecoded vinyls/cd one of theese mixers is enough.

(but for that price DXM01 vs DXM01USB why not to get 2 good USB soundcards for around 50$ more)

Posted Fri 30 Sep 05 @ 9:18 pm

If I get my hand in one CM200USB, for sure I open the mixer and change the inputs USB to channel 1 & 2 or do it for the outputs for the same channels. Or even better, get a switch for a selection of any of my 4 input channels, In/Out. I will find a way for sure...

Or write to Numark to do these changes for the next USB mixers generation.

Posted Fri 30 Sep 05 @ 9:56 pm
TileTomPRO InfinityMember since 2017
What of the Rane MP4? Have any of you front line men tested it with TCV or TCCD?

Posted Sat 01 Oct 05 @ 3:28 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003

Posted Sat 01 Oct 05 @ 4:18 pm
I don't like to much the Rane MP4... for this money I prefer the M-Audio M-1820 or the Terratec phase 88 which is cheaper by the way...

http://audioen.terratec.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=8

I like more the E-MU1616 for notebook right now, and the M-Audio Delta 44 for PCI solution. Every Delta Series Card can be use for TCVs http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=products.list&ID=pciinterfaces

And for $600 I look better choice the Delta 1010 than the Rane MP4.

But it will be nicer to get a USB Mixer that fits the TCVs requirement.

Posted Sat 01 Oct 05 @ 4:56 pm
TileTomPRO InfinityMember since 2017
The Rane is a mixer. I want to get it, after I saw the Serato demo with it at a music store.
Very well built. And I get it for less than the advertised price. I was asking here if anyone
had tried its' I/O capability with VDJ. I already own the Rane MP2 and it is in my backup kit. Sorry I hijacked the thread.

Posted Sat 01 Oct 05 @ 7:36 pm
Looks great, but does it work for use of timecoded vinyls? Seems to only be sold in the U.S...

Posted Sun 02 Oct 05 @ 9:29 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)