Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: M-AUDIO FIREWIRE 410 SET UP PROBLEMS - HELP

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

1265PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Has anyone had any problems setting up this external sound card? My VJ3.0 does not play and I think because I'm sooooo new at this my settings may not be correct in the sound card area. ANY HELP PLEASE!!!!

Posted Mon 26 Sep 05 @ 10:28 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I think you have to use the advanced configuration with this card and setup each player to a separate output, wdm or asio.
I dont have this card so i don't know how the outputs are named and numbered.
It will be easy for you to find.
If you want to use Timecode, you will limited to 1 turntable (or cd player) because you have only 2 analog inputs (plus 2 spdif)

Ps. about the "no play" problem, there is a reset option in the control panel/mixer of your 410 as far i know, try it.

Posted Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 2:31 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Apopsis, the M-Audio FireWire 410 has 2 Line Inputs, 2 TTs can be used, I quote from the website:

"2 analog audio input channels
Two independent analog input channels accept a wide variety of input signals. A front-panel switch for each channel selects between 1/4” TS (-10dBV) line-level input on the rear and Neutrik (1/4” TS and balanced XLR) mic/instrument input on the front. Connect microphones, guitars, keyboards, samplers, CD players and more. The driver software allows you to route these internally to any analog or digital outputs."

djyanni; do what Apopsis recommends you. It seems to be a configuration issue, but I can't tell if is from VDJ, from your soundcard drivers, or from your soundcard settings.

Good Luck!

Posted Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 3:44 am
@acw_dj: On professional "audio" cards ("sound" cards = game cards) the input/outputs counted as mono, not pairs..
2 line ins can used alone for mono recordings or combined to a stereo line in.
This card has 2/8 alnalog and 2/2 digital spdif.
Thats why i said there are not many choices for TC use at my other post about "esi" (you know)
It's a common marketing trick to count the digital ports along with analog ones to the product id...
Example: the delta44 has 4ins/4outs analog.
The Delta66 has also 4ins/4outs analog, plus a digital pair.

Posted Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 4:14 am

Posted Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 4:54 am
Yes the images can be confusing, i made a research for multi-channel cards recently, thats why i knew that :)

Posted Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 6:05 am
Well, be mi guest. :-) I do it too... not many options for a notebook now... That's why I look to the mixer with soundcard option. But couldn't find one with ASIO drivers (only the controllers like BCD-2000 which still unavailable today) ...

Still looking...

Posted Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 6:17 am
1265PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the inputs. I have downloaded all drivers and selected in the sound card area the 4.1 with mixer. The M-Audio is configured. I drag a song to deck 1 and click on play, the turntable arm moves to the song, but no music happens. I might just buy another Rane MP4 with sound card and make that my expensive back up. Not sure.

Posted Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 8:23 pm
You didn't read my post :)
Use the advanced configuration or -even better- the option with the 2 soundcards and set individual outputs of your 410.
Fw-410 is not a 5.1 card, but a pro card.

Posted Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 1:56 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)