Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ needs sound FEATURES! - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ Kice, since when do you get to tell a company what they "should" offer. You don't tell them what their priorities should be, they make that decision. From what I have seen so far, they have taken imput from their users, and are working on improving the software. Most of this is based on the feedback from the DJ's that use their product. I met the developer at the AC convention, and he was instrumental in my decision, in buying this software. For the record, I already have software that I am happy with, for my mp3's. I bought this software "because", it could mix video. At the moment, I am using them side by side. I am mixing video in the club, and am waiting for money to get a projector and screen, for my mobile business. The other DJ's in the club can't see me, because of the dust I am leaving them in. I don't use TT, so don't need TCV. There are some things I like about the software, and some things I don't like. That goes the same for the other software I use. None will be perfect for everyone. That's life, so deal with it. I don't see you crying that you can't get a Whopper, at McDonalds. It's called choice. You don't like this software, go somewhere else.

Posted Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 7:44 pm
mika_auHome userMember since 2005
What im seeing here is a user (Kice) expressing his views and making a legitimate suggestion, and everyone else snapping and ganging up on him (appologise if i got your sex wrong). I too think that VDJ is a dj application and while having video mixing features is great, it should not be made a priority, esp when other things in other places are lagging behind. The application crashes every now and then, it has a overly large resident memory set. Also it only has partial controller support: HDJC keys are hard-mapped and cannot be remapped easily. And while, yes, it is still the BEST thing out there, it was not because of it having "wedding dj" support. Someone else mentioned that since we get this feature for free, then its all good. But mate, just about nothing in this world is free. Its all in the price of software, and if the price stays constant, then this feature comes as expense of sacrificing other, more important features/fixes.

To finish this post on an upbeat note: cheers and hats off to the VDJ dev team. It is the best mixing software. Lets hold off on the new features and make the existing stuff bulllet proof, shall we?

Don't tell Kice to go elsewhere. He's come to the right place.... he, like the rest of us just want to make it better.

Posted Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 3:02 am
Yes I agree. We cannot continue to bash every licensed or unlincensed user every time that have a complaint or suggestion about this software. Unless it is a full fledged crackhead looking for solutions to his problems. I do agree that the sound engine needs work and audio should be a priority, but Kice, search the forums and you will find that this subject has been brought up many times. Don't be dismayed though, because we have been promised that the sound engine is being improved. I believe the Dev Team and I am sure that they are. I too can't wait!!! But this is truely the best DJing software and forum that I have ever seen.
So guys he was a trial user and he was told to buy the FULL version. Well now he is!! So evidently he found something inviting from this software.
Good choice Kice!!! And welcome my friend.

MS

Posted Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 4:34 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Old habbits die hard guys.., and this hostile habbit dies today.

Posted Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 12:51 pm
DJKicePRO InfinityMember since 2005
True I have bought a licence, hopefully my money went to a good cause and the developers do whats best for everyone. Though personally I do favour the music side rather than video, though video maybe the future..... this is the present and this is what we need now! Sound to be best as possible

Posted Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 6:09 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
True

Posted Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 7:41 pm
VoltronPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey, i have seen the TCV- test movie of dj getdown. I think he use 2 technics turntables, but what is the name of the tool attached on turntables? (not the timecode vinyl)

Posted Thu 29 Sep 05 @ 3:26 pm

Posted Thu 29 Sep 05 @ 3:38 pm
VoltronPRO InfinityMember since 2004
thanks. tomorrow i'll buy virtualdj pro and tcv.

Posted Thu 29 Sep 05 @ 3:48 pm
HMMMMMMMMMMM

they are so not technics turntables lol how could you not tell the difference. there the gemini ripp offs of the technics but still the technics where better and technics will always be better. Though this point about this "thing" attached the scratch controller... hmm mayb this is whats missing from my setup so I can scratch better etC? if I buy a pair of these will it make any difference? Though also the question is whether they will be compatible with my Technics 1200s

Posted Sat 01 Oct 05 @ 5:21 pm
though mayb not compatible with my technics turntables

Posted Sat 01 Oct 05 @ 5:23 pm
This Tascam is useless with TCVs. You could use it and forget the TCVs for scratch. This device is an optic device for use in a regular record (vinyl). Don't need the needle of your TT.

more info: http://www.tascamdj.com/TT-M1.html

Is compatible with every vinyl turntable.

If you only want TTs to do scratch, ANY will work. But if you're going to play music in that turntable, Technics SL-1200 series is better. The "S" tonearm has better music track in your records. The weight in the needle is another factor and the shape too. An elliptical needle is better too and with less weight extends the life of your records. You can do more adjustments to have the better track and sound in a record. You can look my blog to do this adjustments.

Posted Sat 01 Oct 05 @ 5:32 pm
can anyone recommend any slip mats needles that may improve scratch quility? Will the use of a Delta 44 make any difference instead of the maya 44?

I was looking at the concord by ortofon... but
stanton have realease these http://www.stantondj.com/v2/fs/prod_890fs.asp
will they help with vdj? will they even work with vdj ?

though would be good to have scratch records like stanton does for virtual dj
http://www.stantondj.com/v2/fs/prod_scrrec.asp

just adds that little bit more

Posted Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 2:43 pm
Kice,

The stylus is important for us to don't wear out or TCVs in a short time. I have some recommendations in my blog for that. When we use TCVs to scratch is better to use one side of the disc to do that or use the final or the less used space (or place) in the TCV.

An spherical stylus is better for scratch. An elliptical stylus is better for music. The elliptical stylus use less weight than the used for scratch. You have to put 5gr (aprox) for scratch use. And with more weight more ware out. For music I use 1gr and at the end I got less ware out of my records or my TCVs. I have some 1981 12" in a perfect shape.

I use a simple Shure S-35C for scratch http://www.needlz.com/cartridges/sc35c.asp
and a Stanton 681 for Music. http://www.stantondj.com/v2/prod_681eee.asp

Stanton 890SA is a very good option for scratch and music performance because you got Spherical stylus for scratch and Elliptical stylus for music. http://www.stantondj.com/v2/prod_890sa.asp

Good Luck!

Posted Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 5:23 pm
Maya 44 USB vs. Delta 44:

1.- Maya 44 USB is a USB sound card. Delta 44 is a PCI.
2.- Maya 44 USB uses 44.1kHz, 48kHz and 16 bit resolution. Delta 44 use 48KHz and 24 bit resolution.
3.- Maya 44 USB has a 86db of dynamic range. Delta 44 has 103 db of dynamic range
4.- Maya 44 USB: 20-20KHz at 48KHz. Delta 44: 22-22KHz at 48KHz and 22-40KHz at 96KHz
5.- Maya 44 USB: THD 0.03% (Not clear info). Delta 44: THD 0.0023%
6.- Maya 44 USB: $169 msrp. Delta 44 $199 msrp.

Conclusion: Delta 44 is a better sound card. Maya 44 USB can be use in PCs or Laptops at affordable price.

Posted Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 5:47 pm
wikid :) getting a delta 44. I might just get some Ortofon scratch needles, I dont mind replacing my TCV's on a regular basis

Posted Tue 04 Oct 05 @ 2:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)