Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ needs sound FEATURES! - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

DJKicePRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi, I am just wondering why the hell are they working so much on video support when they havn't even finished the sound features, its just stupid, this is supposed to be a sound mixing program not a video mixing program. True it's sweet to have this functionility but this opens alot of problems so they would have to be working on fixing these problems and not really working on the sound side. I use TCV's I would like to see some backspin working and scratches sounding abit mroe realistic. Seriously you have a bit of competition with stanton final scratch, you should work on fixing some sound issues. I would also like to see some dedicated hardware for sound card wise, maybe some cartridges for turntables, and some thin light weight TCV's which are easyier and better for scratch, stanton has these why can't you have these? Maybe your priority should be perfecting the sound side of virtual dj rather than video. Does anyone on this forums hear my concers as I do ?

Posted Sun 25 Sep 05 @ 7:56 am
i beat juggle alot as I need this shit, ill buy a flightcase full of scratch TCV's if you realease them.

Posted Sun 25 Sep 05 @ 7:58 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Kice,

VDJ is a software program and sound good. For use TCVs you need also a sound card whit 2 Line inputs (like the Maya 44 USB). The first thing to do is BUY VDJ. The second; BUY a sound card compatible with VDJ. The Third; Buy TCVs.

When you buy VDJ and use a proper soundcard you will notice Virtual DJ sounds very good. I can do Backspin, scratch and is REAL, not half good, is like a REAL Vinyl. But I have the FULL version I have a good soundcard and a good hardware too. If you don’t, don’t blame VDJ.

Posted Sun 25 Sep 05 @ 9:29 am
Purchase VDJ, yes possibly if I get an answer to what they are actually concentrating on, I want it to work on sound and be more reliable but if they are day dreaming any working on fukn video features then maybe it is not worth considering purchasing. As for having a FULL version, I don't think there is a difference in quility compared to trial and full ? besides support it provides. Glad it works for you because it could be better, im not saying the fact if its working or not im saying anything can be improved though it can't be improved if they are concentrating on video and missing the whole point of the software?

Yeah ive got everything above except the full VDJ i use trial, i don't want to buy this software untill I am certain this is what i want.

Posted Sun 25 Sep 05 @ 10:39 am
and yea id like to see the hardware as I addressed above... TCV scratch vinyls

Posted Sun 25 Sep 05 @ 10:40 am
ok here I go again.

who is virtual dj targetted at? djs in general? well I think djs in general would like to see more sound support than video. Why is virtual dj trying to make this into a race and trying to support video before anyone else, thats why features wise and sound wise there gonna start getting killed by other software programs because they are too busy focusing on, true its good to be ahead but I don't see anyone else trying to impliment video as of now, they are trying to improve functionality rather than Video. Why not put back the video for now and go back to it later. Or do VDJ claim that sound is working fine and nothing needs to be done to that side of the program. Or even better sell a different peice of software all together for video mixing, dont mix the two. Or even if you don't want to do that, you should offer a version without video support

Posted Sun 25 Sep 05 @ 10:50 am
I have to agree. I wish VDJ had offered the video mixing as a plugin. Therefore, those who want it could have added it. I bought VDJ to mix music, not video. However, I do appreciate the extra option. I will also admit that the audio mixing aspects of it could use some improving. Overall, it is the best software on the planet for the $$$—period!

OO

Posted Sun 25 Sep 05 @ 11:38 am
Yes totally true, price is great and they are worth supporting, im not trying to say they are bad or anything, they are up there with the top and could be the best only if they are focusing on the right thing, which dj is video mixing going to help? Wedding djs? I have seen it used before though i don't see the point however its a great feature to have but lets keep things seperate, and firstly lets conncentrate on getting whats important fixed first.

Posted Sun 25 Sep 05 @ 2:41 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Well Kice, 6 out of the 8 poosts on this thread are yours.

I would ask that you search a little bit and contribute on those threads already in heated debate.
It just comes off as one more bitch session and frankly, most of us are tired of reading them.

The problem is there, we all know it.
I find that running your gain down at -4 with your settings under Fame set fir always match, the program performs adequetly for the majority of us here.
It's going to get better, certainly.

Full licenced versions are a must also.

Posted Sun 25 Sep 05 @ 6:50 pm
@DJKice

You will not find another company that is committed to satisfying its users like this one. The video mixing option could have easily been sold as another software for $$$. However, this company gave it to us for free—think about it….

OO

Posted Mon 26 Sep 05 @ 1:26 am
ok what about scratch time coded vinyls, or some carts and a good technics skin :)

Posted Mon 26 Sep 05 @ 6:36 am
Kice,

Like I said before... I scratch EVEN WITH VIDEO, PERFECT!!!, not more or less or regular is PERFECT. It's clear enough?. Is like real Vinyls TRUELY.

There are only a few skins with TTs in it. Maybe I do one with Technics SL-1210. But here is another advantage, WE CAN MAKE what we want. A new Skin, a new effect... I love this program. and as a FULL member got more options.

I want to share my joy, and any FULL member could understand. I only realize this when I bought the program.That's why I recommend you to buy it, but it's your decision.

Good Luck!

Posted Mon 26 Sep 05 @ 2:58 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Kice,

I personally don't have a problem with sound quality except when making use of time stretch, EQ, limiter, etc. and so I have leardned to use the program without using those. I personally don't concentrate on scratching, but I would think that any scratch DJ would not be interested in those functions anyway. Do you use these functions, or are you having a problem with sound quality even without any of these activated?

As for video, I having been waiting years for a program that could dependably mix video and audio the way VDJ does, and was so happy to find out that the program I had chosen for audio over a year ago became the first one to implement video in a way that makes sense to a DJ. And best of all, when that feature became available, I didn't have to pay extra to get it. My DVD players haven't seen daylight in a few months now and will probably be on ebay before long ;)

As for hardware, I really doubt that VDJ is going to manufacture cartridges and/or soundcards. That would really be a waste of time. Do you really think that a software company is going to make a cartridge that can come close to those of Ortofon, Stanton, etc. who have been making these forever? Similar argument for sound cards. What kind of cartridges, decks and sound card do you have anyway? If not using Technics, then I have a pair of 1210's that I could sell that don't even remember what daylight looks like ;) Also all the best cartridges (upto about 1999 when I switched to digital.)

The TCV's I don't have ( at least not VDJ TCV) so I can't comment on them, but you are the first one that I have heard saying that they are too heavy. When I used to DJ the 'old fashion' way with turntables and records, I would always feel like I was getting more for my money when I bought a record that was heavy duty as opposed to the ones from the fly-by-night labels that produced wafer thin records which warped easily and usually had more shallow grooves. As long as you have a good slip mat, I think there should be no problem with a heavy-duty TCV, but I may be wrong.

Skins: You are in luck, because the open-source nature of the skin mechanism means that you can make a skin any way you want, and also means that there may already be someone who created a skin for themselves that fits your needs. Check the download section. VDJ themselves made a very small number of skins, the rest were made by users like you and me.

You do have some valid concerns, but I can tell you that although the Dev team doesn't give many hints about what they are currently working on, it always seems to be exactly what is needed.

Posted Mon 26 Sep 05 @ 4:48 pm

Posted Mon 26 Sep 05 @ 6:36 pm
I admit its a nice video and he's pretty good, id like to know what setup hes got and what settings hes running, has anyone failed to notice the powerbook though? whats the mac for? don't tell me he runs finial scratch on MAC OS?

Posted Mon 26 Sep 05 @ 8:46 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I hope to see you as a full version user soon Kice, I told you the situation before, This software is the hottest out their, and It's gonna get better.

Posted Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 12:11 am
guess what :)

Posted Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 7:49 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Kice,
You have made some quick, pretty critical observations in a short time.

I might suggest you take a tour of the forums and contribute where you can in a positive way.
We have some issues yes, many have been fixed, some have not.

If you have had any contact with other programs out there you know of the vaporware waiting game for releases and updates. Most of them are just trying to become functional, this baby is revved up like a day at the races. We are 10 laps ahead of the rest at this point, but there is still a lot on the plate.

We have the best development team in the business imho, so be kind please, they are reading every thread here.

There's a lot to read, your input is valued like everybody else's as a full licenced user.
Lots of great things have come from our member base here, anything positive is welcomed.

Best

Posted Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 12:05 pm
MalekoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'd just like to say that i find the video feature very useful!

before id be using another system to generate the visuals via line in, but now VDJ does it all, even with the ability to display txt is a bonus!
keep it up guys! great work!

Posted Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 1:43 pm
DJ Kice,

Welcome as a FULL VDJ member !

You will find another options as a FULL member, enjoy!

Posted Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 4:32 pm
56%