Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Just stops working

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

zemoHome userMember since 2004
I downloaded the trial of virtual DJ last night, and like it alot and would consider purchasing it when the trial is up, HOWEVER, it has been more irritating than fun because it constantantly stops working at random times. I can still push the buttons and the needles move onto the records, but the turntables never spin and the music never plays. Sometimes, it works fine for long periods, then, it starts this problem. Closing out of the program and relaunching it helps sometimes, but not often. Very frustrating. It's a shame, too, other than that, I like the product alot.

zemo

Posted Tue 30 Mar 04 @ 11:22 pm
really ???
thats odd man that never happens to me

i guess u have a problem of some kind and someone from the team will help you soon i'm sure

dj smokey

Posted Tue 30 Mar 04 @ 11:38 pm
Hi zemo,

To help you, we need more details:

What is your configuration (Motherboard, Operating system, RAM etc)

What kind of file you used (mp3, wma, wave, other ?) and this is a short or a long song (4 minutes or 60 minutes ?)

Do you have others application in background ( antivirus, firewall, other program ?)

Coyote

Posted Wed 31 Mar 04 @ 3:33 am
I have a dell pentium iii 900 Mhz running windows 98. None of the songs I've been messing with have been longer than 5 minutes or so. When it happens, which is often, the sound suddenly cuts out and the turntables stop spinning. If I press play again, the needle will go to the record and the play light comes on, but the graphic representation of the music along the top doesn't move, the records don't spin, and the songs never play. I don't have anything else running on the computer when I'm running the virtual DJ. Like I said in my original post, closing out of the program and re-starting it seems to fix it about fifty percent of the time, but not always. Sometimes, I have to close and reopen it several times in order to get it to work again.

Posted Wed 31 Mar 04 @ 3:42 am
And how many memory in your RAM ?

It seems it's a graphical problem. Do you have the last driver installed for your video card ? The latest version of DirectX ?

What is your screen resolution ?

Coyote

Posted Wed 31 Mar 04 @ 3:58 am
I have 127 MB of Ram and direct x 9, I really don't think it's a memory or graphics issue. When the problem happens, everything else on my computer works just fine, only the virtual dj program is affected and even the dj program still runs and you can manipulate the controls, it just won't play any sound files.

Posted Wed 31 Mar 04 @ 5:21 pm
Your problem is your RAM, you need more RAM, at least 512, if you want to use all the options with VDJ.

Try this: In configuration panel of VDJ, in "Max Load" choose "nothing". With this option enable, you save a lot of RAM.

Coyote

Posted Wed 31 Mar 04 @ 5:38 pm
I took this problem as an excuse to upgrage both my RAM and my sound card. I only upgraged the ram to 384, but it seems to have done the trick, no problems since. Thanks for the advice

Posted Thu 01 Apr 04 @ 4:00 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)