Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: ARABIC LANUAGE

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

co0ldjPRO InfinityMember since 2003
when i change the laguage to the arabic lang.. it works well in the menu stuff ( while clicking right click on stuff )but on the skin , browser and stuff like that it doesn't work.... ps : the arabic language is LIKE the chianeses lang ( it defers from english ) how can i make the font in the browser or skin be arabic enabled ?.. because now they looks like the computer language (hex lang.. or somthing like that )..

Posted Sun 18 Sep 05 @ 8:43 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'm not sure if the Arabic characters are supported, I would think it is.., but maybe not, however to have the program run in the 100% Arabic language wit the Arabic characters, someone like yourself (someone who knows Arabic and English) would have to translate the language file.

I see no reason why this can't be done.

Posted Sun 18 Sep 05 @ 2:09 pm
ya i know but the problem is that the essintail language in the vdj does not suppot arabic language and i dont know how to change it ..... as i had told u that the arabic lag. had worked very well in places when i click right click on but on the browser when i search for the arabic songs .... which is namen arabic it read them in deferent laguage ... like hex editter

Posted Sun 18 Sep 05 @ 11:05 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
To make a skin compatible with greek characters, i have to edit its xml file with the notepad.
(and repack the zip file)
For the default skin:
search and replace from "tahoma" (used in browser) to "Arial Greek"
Try something simillar for your language, and let us know.

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 4:09 am
which .xml file should i work on .. i know where there r and what they r .. but to which file should i edit the Default.zip or Default skin.zip... any way i had tried them both i had changed the font in the browser to " Arial " 1st and then changed it to "Arial arabic" 2nd and then to "Arabic Transparent"3rd and if corse after i changed them i put them back in a zip file in the skin folder ..they all came with the same results.. but not the results that i want because the arabic titles still read in an unknown way... can u do it for me and send me the file ?if u cann't plz help me?

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 9:22 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Use the "replace All" button to change all fonts at once, just to be sure you changed the browser fonts too.
The trick work on any skin but other skins may use other fonts, thats why i said to try the "default.zip" skin, it uses tahoma as the browser font.
The zip file contain 2 skin versions, 1024x768 and 800x600, (pairs of bmp and xml files), Choose the xml you want to edit, and replace the original inside the zip, after edit it.
Do this at the original skin (you made changes already). Make a backup first.
I'm not sure if "Arial Arabic" exist, your os version is different (i use the european version)
Codepages and fonts may also differ.
You have to experiment, or maybe someone else can help you more...

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 4:09 pm
in case there is no arial arabic .... the icon of the arabic fonts have a T letter but the others have the O or A letter..
anyway if i want to download a arabic language from where can i download it ? thanx

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 11:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)