Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Behringer BCD2000 controller delayed again

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

They have moved the BCD2000 to the forth quarter as of this mourning. They can't get it together they are all screwed up and out of touch with whats going on in the Dj world of today. It's going digital and they are way behind.

Posted Wed 14 Sep 05 @ 3:16 pm
Digitalmdj,

I certainly agree with you on this one. I just got in touch with the music store who distributes Behringer products in my area. They said pretty much the same thing as you, almost word for word.

Apparently, there has been no news from Behringer since last month, at which time they reported having difficulties with midi and other miscellaneous drivers.

Why bother with launch dates? I could live with "coming soon"...

I said it before and I'll say it again: That's just bad business...

Internodal.

Posted Fri 16 Sep 05 @ 8:28 am
They changed the web page to TBA instead of the forth quarter . They had one site different than the other Until yesterday morning. Here is the email I received from them. Windows XP has the midi drivers. It might be the sound card drivers that need work.

BEHRINGER products are manufactured overseas in China, and then are shipped by seagoing shipping containers. Once shipments arrive at port, they are held up for inspection and approval by Customs, and then travel by truck to warehouses, where dealer orders are fulfilled and they are shipped to music stores. Unfortunately each stage in this process can take a variable amount of time, which makes it difficult if not impossible to try and predict an exact date when the first shipment of a new product will arrive. Although it is rumored that it will not be much longer before we receive the first BCD2000's, we will not know for sure until we recieve word that the shipping containers have arrived at port.

We hope that we have been able to help you with this information.

Best regards,
Chris Roy
Your BEHRINGER Customer Support Team

Posted Fri 16 Sep 05 @ 3:12 pm
Makes more sense now. I already knew that these units were manufactured in China, which means dreadful logistics.

Shipping from China to North-America can take up to two months. And then, what? Customs searching every container for weapons, drugs, illegal immigrants and such... Then, trains and/or trucks dispatched all over the continent...

So, if none of these units have shipped already, then it's a fair bet these things WON'T be in your christmas stockings. One can only hope for the best.

On the other hand, the more time it takes to be available, the higher the expectations get. I mean, these babies had better be perfect once they get here, or it could turn out as a huge disappointment. That said, I'm really anxious to try them out. They look like the best quality solution for that price range.

Internodal.

Posted Sat 17 Sep 05 @ 7:44 pm
idj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Now, I bet if the only said "coming soon" you'd soon complain.

I know a certain popular DJ software that has an amazing new upgrade "coming soon"... ;-)

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 12:19 pm
Yes and they want you to pay for the upgrade first .The program is OTS DJ PRO 2.0 and they want you to pay for the upgrade first before they upgrade it.And they haven't done it yet and most likely won't.

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 7:39 pm
Idj4u,

I guess you're right. At least, a "coming soon" announcement is not all black and white like an official launch date, which is disappointing when postponed (twice).

I prefer a "gray" zone. Give me some gray! Let me live in gray!! LOL

Internodal.

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 8:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)