Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Time Coded Question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Here is the situation. I am curretnly buying some equipment to start a mobile DJ company. In particular I want to buy a Denon CD player and want to clarify a question before I go ahead and buy it.

What I would like to know is are the Time coded CD's that can be burned can only used to simulate scratching on CD' players that can handle it or can they be used to mix mp3's etc. Basically can I use them to simulate mixing with CD's?

Just so you know I am aware that I will need a Maya44 External soundcard for this. I am curretnly waiting for one to be shipped to me.

I hope my question is clear and that everybody understands what I mean.

If not let me know and I'll try and explain it better.

Peace

JumpinJim

Posted Wed 14 Sep 05 @ 12:52 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The answer is yes, you can mix/scratch/cut etc..just like a CD was in player. You should check the general discussion forum as some people have complained about Denon with TCCD. Just search Denon I think there's a post on the first few pages. I believe it has something to do with start up timing. Don't know exactly what the issue is. I use TCV with turntables and it's amazing. Just like you had a record on the platter.

Posted Wed 14 Sep 05 @ 3:27 pm
Thanks for the info.

I am going to be buying a Dennon DN-1800F tomorrow.

One last question. When I burn the time coded sample to the cd do I burn it as an audio CD and them I'm all set to go? (After I hook everything up of course)

Peace

JumpinJim

Posted Fri 16 Sep 05 @ 3:52 am
Just burn the TimeCode.mp3 in to a blank cd. No like an audio cd, you have to burn it like a data cd so finally you have a cd with you mp3 file....

hope this help

Posted Fri 16 Sep 05 @ 9:07 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
I burn the 2 VDJTimeCode.mp3 like an Audio CD and works fine for me.

Posted Sat 17 Sep 05 @ 5:40 am
Thanks for the info guys. I guess I'll try it both ways and see which one works better. I have tons of blank Cd's that rarely get used.

I picked up the Dennon last night and the Maya44 is on it's way!

I can't wait to try this out!

Peace

JumpinJim

Posted Sat 17 Sep 05 @ 3:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)