Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Video card Info

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok ... Im building a New P4 3.0 Box with 1 Gig of Ram, Intel board, Sata Drive. What i would like to Know is which Video board you reccommend. Is it better to have 256Mb with DDR or 128MB with DDR3 etc. Would like to know if speed is more Important than the size of ram and what VDJ will utilize the most. Also I will need the latest Complete Download so i dont have to go through all the version Updates when i do a fresh install.

Thanks,
Matt

Posted Tue 13 Sep 05 @ 6:51 pm
Ok, the question has been asked before, (by me for instance) :)
I have difficulties in reading when you use Big Letters in Every other word... :-/

It seems preferred to have 256 MB of GPU RAM rather than 128 MB (more is better). Choose a card with DDR3. nVidia 6600GT atleast / ATI at similar level of performance. (Newer is better). Look for cheapest price, not for brand. It is same components in them.
I would also recommend 2048 (2GB) MB system RAM, instead of only 1024 (1GB) MB RAM. (more is better here too..)
Contact e-support and request the latest installation .exe (3.1)
http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/

Posted Tue 13 Sep 05 @ 7:38 pm

Posted Tue 13 Sep 05 @ 8:54 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Posted Tue 13 Sep 05 @ 9:24 pm
Thanks for the link ... So the 6800GT 256MB for $300 or the 512MB for $350. The 7800GT is definatly out of the question for now. I kinda refuse to spend more than $350 on a video card. Any Motherboard suggestions? I usually run Intel Boards but am open to suggestions.

Posted Tue 13 Sep 05 @ 9:45 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Posted Tue 13 Sep 05 @ 10:12 pm
I am using a ATI Radeon x700 x16 PCI express card, but if your motherboard does not support PCI express you have to live with the slower AGP format.

Posted Wed 14 Sep 05 @ 5:45 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)