Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Sound issues for the 3rd time

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Ok Team

I've had the same sound issues across 2 systems now and 3 shows. It seems after about 2 hours of mixing the sound becomes distorted, I have to shut down vdj and its fine again for the rest of the night.

System 1

laptop running a gigport 1ghz, 512 ram xp pro

Sound becomes noticably distorted after 2 hours

System 2

Desktop 2.66 ghz, 512 ram waveterminal 192 sound xp pro

Sound becomes noticably distorted after 2.5 hours

This has happend at the last 3 shows i've done. Its not ram its not the computer. I've also done all the tweaks to windows both systems are running great. So far the only fix I've come up with is to play 1 song in winamp and reload VDJ and its fine for the rest of the night.

Posted Sun 28 Mar 04 @ 6:59 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
hummm no comments after a few days, I must be the only one having these issues, I check into it

Posted Wed 31 Mar 04 @ 5:36 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
are you using the same soundcard in these 2 systems? have you tried to eliminate this, i've found that some soundcards (cheep ones & integrated soundcards have a much poorer sound quality the more expencive ones) it may be a bug in the soundcard or the soundcard not being able to cope with a constant signal for over 2.5 hours.

the other posability i can think of would be with the limiter turned off, the gain of the songs that you are being played are progressivly increasing to the point where they are distorting the soundcard. when this happens try turning down the gain in VDJ, see if this helps

Posted Sat 03 Apr 04 @ 12:22 pm
keyonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
cyderhouse, i had a similiar problem with ram of 512. I increased ram to 756, increased page file in virtual memory and problem went away. you might want to try another stick of memory and if it doesn't solve it, return the memory (perhaps for a small restocking fee loss).

Posted Wed 07 Apr 04 @ 7:19 pm
VDJ likes loads of RAM.

i have 1 GB ram. playing livesets at gigs longer than 3 hours= no problem at all, no distortions. i rarely use the effect-plugins, because i think that they're not 100%bugfree.

adding more ram is the best thing you can do at this point.

Posted Thu 08 Apr 04 @ 11:42 am
i got a amd 1500 in a spacewalker shuttle with a terratec 24bit soundcard 512ram win 2000,playing on my gigs about 8h trough and never had any soundproblems??

Posted Thu 08 Apr 04 @ 1:16 pm
8hour-sets.. wow, you must be making lots of money :LOL:

the problem does not always occure, i also think the that the length of the songs you play has something to do with this prob. my best guess is: if you play short tracks, 512 mb is enough. but that's just a theory ;)

Posted Thu 08 Apr 04 @ 2:12 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)