Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Very dissatisfied customer

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I purchased my Hercules console a week ago and have had nothing but problems. I installed the drivers as per the instructions then continued to install the manual and finally the Virtual DJ Console Edition software V 1.09 . I plug in my speakers (5.1) and only get sound as though I have a 4 channel system. I checked the settings via the little alien head thing, then tried the Dj setting and when I try to crossover to either deck I still hear the other deck playing through the speakers as if the headphone monitor was playing through the speakers instead of the headphones. I have checked the settings in Windows to make sure that the DJ console was the selected sound card and that my speaker set up was correct ( they are ). I then proceeded to go to the Hercules website to locate updated drivers,
I downloaded and installed the latest drivers and frameware as per the instructions. I had full sound through all speakers but I still had the crossover problem ( hearing the opposite deck playing while the crossover was pushed to the other side). With a little fine tuning of the volume controls I was able to deal with it. I went to try the whole set up today but when I loaded it up I got a Direct X problem and now the unit doesn't work at all! I just want the darn thing to work, I'm not a professional DJ, I don't want to be a pro DJ, I just want to play my music properly. I've spent what I consider to be a lot of money and time on a unit that simply refuses to work properly. I'm extremely discouraged and frustrated with this whole situation, I'm not a computer wizard and the " Plug and Play " feature really appealed to me, however this is turning out to be everything BUT "Plug and Play". Before you tell me that the software bundle is a "special edition " and it has "limitations" I will tell you that I was aware of that before I purchased it but I never in a million years would have expected this many issues.

I desperately want to get this piece of equipment up and running. I can't express to you how disappointed I am, but at this point it will cost me more to send it back to my supplier than it would to keep it as a doorstop.

Please help me get this thing working as the box promised.

Posted Tue 13 Sep 05 @ 2:31 am
thumper, lets make things clear ;-)

hercules has 3 stereo outputs. (on the back)
and one headphone output in the front that is connected to the output 1 on the back or output 2 on the back. This behavior is selectable in the hercules alienhead application.

If you plugged your speakers to hercules when using Virtual dj, you just have 2 channel output for the main music (you hear it in front speakers now i think). The other output of hercules is dedicated to prelisten function so you cannot have your speakers plugged in the other outputs.

Many speakers have selectable switches that can turn then from 5.1 to 2 channel. For example my genius speakers when switched to 2ch input, they copy the front speakers to rear and reroute all bass to the subwoofer.

If there's anything not clear now, please ask ... we'll do our best to help you

Posted Tue 13 Sep 05 @ 11:26 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)