Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual Dj Vs Pcdj Red

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

My friend has pcdj red that he uses in the club and the sound quality is so much better it has sharper bass and much clearer when he switches to virtual dj the bass is not as clear and sharp but more held back and a bit distorted. Timestretch has been turned off, done everthing i can think off to get to sound as clear as PCDJ red but nothing is working, he has an external Soundblaster Audigy Card.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to improve the sound quality?

Posted Mon 12 Sep 05 @ 10:26 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Try auto-gain to always match and use a value about -3.5 OR even better: DISABLE auto-gain (and use manual gain from the mixer) to see if it is any better.
The gain system in vdj produces some kind of distortion/modulation wich added to the original sound, but most of the times is not audible. (I hear it though)
Let me know.

Posted Mon 12 Sep 05 @ 11:32 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Limiter OFF too
And use a decent soundcard, not the one that came with your laptop/desktop.

Posted Mon 12 Sep 05 @ 10:40 pm
I turned the auto gain off and manually set it and it seems to have taken out any abnormalities in the sound thankyou :) , ps i had limiter off and iam waiting on an external audigy card. Any other tips to improve sound quality?

Posted Sun 18 Sep 05 @ 5:31 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I'm glad it helped.
If you have time strech off, there is no other setting i can think to improve the sound, except
the quality of the files itself, and the dac of your soundcard.
I recommend at least 192kbps, (i use 256) cbr/stereo, fraunhoffer or lame based encoders, use the High quality option if available.
The audigy card is not bad but it's not the best you can get in any case... it's a creative...
M-Audio, Esi, Rme (if you are rich..) are much better options.

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 3:59 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 4:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)