Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: need help djcel

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djcel,,

hi there ive seen from your blogs that you have created a shortcuts for crossfader,, im a new in dj feild and i want to improve my self. can you please give me an explanation how to use those shortcuts that you have made and pls give me example on how to use each of them. im sorry i know im gonna waste you precious time but you are my hope to learn all this things....thank you very much in advance...

regards
esa

Posted Sun 11 Sep 05 @ 11:48 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Don't worry. I'm here to help you of course.

Well all the shortcuts in VDJ works like a function (mathematical view) and you give a fixed value (an integer) or a relative value (with + or - before the integer) in parameter.

In your case for the crossfader, the function is crossfader(x) where x is the position on the slider (crossfader). In VDJ, all the slider are the same: values between 0 and 4096 (for the crossfader, 0 equals to left deck, 2048 to the middle and 4096 to the right deck)
Now if you use relative values, you only need to press one and keep the key to go on moving the crossfader ( for example:+512 moves of 512 integer to the right until 4096)

Well i didn't create shortcuts in VirtualDJ so i guess you are talking about my plug-in XFade??

Posted Sun 11 Sep 05 @ 1:45 pm
yes dj cel that is waht i was talking about i think they are 8 different type of xfade then like for example if i want to do a scratch which one of them do i have to use,, because i was watching some scratch technics and i notice that one of the deck A has song and it plays contineously while the other deck B is using to scratch another music but iwas wondering why the other deck A is not affecting with the movement of crossfader.... is it ok for you to explain to me this things.. sorry im completely new on this feild but iw ould really like to learn...thaks you very much for your time....really i appreciate it so much...

Posted Mon 12 Sep 05 @ 7:19 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Well I know nothing about scratch but i guess you are talking about my plugin Crossfader Curves which customizes the crossfader in VirtualDJ. I believe, smooth is used to house music and cut or full for scratch but i'm not sure. Don't forget you can use auto_scratch too (crossfader is taken account in this case)

Posted Mon 12 Sep 05 @ 12:16 pm
hi djcel...

yes i do iwas talking about those things..thanks its a great knowledge added to my self,, thank you very much again for your help and time.. i appreciate a lot.....

ciao
esa

Posted Mon 12 Sep 05 @ 12:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)