Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Length of sample in loop mode

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

robraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Is there a way to modify the length of samples recorded in loop mode?

Many thanks in advance for any hints!
Robra

Posted Fri 09 Sep 05 @ 9:48 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Modify, mean edit? you need another program to edit your files and give them the perfect time to do a smooth loop.

Posted Sat 10 Sep 05 @ 5:56 am
Thanks for your answer!

But what I meant was:
There are two modes to record samples, jingle and loop.
When you record it in jingle mode you can decide upon the length of it, if you record in loop mode VDJ decides upon the length of the loop.

My question is: Is it possible to define the length of a sample recorded in loop mode?

Posted Sat 10 Sep 05 @ 10:05 am
Well it seems it's not posible to modify the lenght in loop mode. But, in jingle mode can record at the specified time and the you can loop it in playback mode and have the same effect.

You could do it making a loop (in the VDJ plate) in the part of the song you want and then record in jingle mode. The part of the song that is recorded like this you could loop in playmode and it's the same effect with a diferent duration time.

Posted Sat 10 Sep 05 @ 12:34 pm
no, what he means is can modify the length of sample to make loop in time, thats the best way to explain, i would like to know that too, but i take it as a sample comes in time, out of time hardlines...

but maybe someone will make a plugin to revive our problem,am havn my own problems with somethin myself read general discussion, see if u can help us, by the way i relate to ur issue acw dj....peace

regards scouser

Posted Sun 11 Sep 05 @ 9:15 am
I feel I don't do an explication well. Let my try again,

Question: Is it possible to define the length of a sample recorded in loop mode?
Problem:
Modify the specified time to record in loop mode.

Facts:
1.- Record Samples In loop mode is fixed by VDJ.

2.- Record Samples in Jingle mode is defined by the user.

Solution:
You could record a sample in jingle mode and define in samples that you want to loop this jingle recorded sample. The effect is: A Loop with and specified amount of time which was defined by the user.

Will this resolve the problem?

Posted Mon 12 Sep 05 @ 12:10 am
Nearly acw dj!

The remaining problem is:
The looped jingle is not a seamless loop, to make it a seamless loop you have to switch to another Program. Would be easier if you could define the length of the loop when you record it.

But many thanks for your efforts, now I am sure I did not miss a feature!
Robra

Posted Mon 12 Sep 05 @ 12:34 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)