Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: ISSUES AND WISHES FOR NEXT ISSUE

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

StylesQPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi..
For the next issue, i'd like to see the loops fixed. Most work fine, except the bottom two, 1/2 & 1/4. With these two, i find they are all over the place in terms of accuracy.

When I loop it to a "clap", the loop sways off the "clap"...hence changing the tone or sound of the loop. The other loops are very accurate i find.

Also, for the next issue, I'd like to see more "Pitch RAnges". Presently they are 8, 12 & 34%. I'd like to see, 6%, 4%. And 50 & 100%.

Also, I've been a dj now for 20 years and consider myself to be an accomplished mixer. Working with VD, I don't like to use the matchbeat feature. I'd like to be able to think i can mix using my "dj" SKILLS.
However, i find that when i have 2 beats synched, or should i say..try to synch them, i find it hard to make it sound like "one" harmonous beat. When I mix with cd players (Denon), i can mix blindfolded with them..flawless....or even my 1200's. When i use VD, i can hear the two individual beats, amost like an echo..even though the two beats are matched...i'm using the pitch bend and everything trying to correct for this ..but still get that "ghost" second-beat sound.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks,
Styles Q

Posted Fri 26 Mar 04 @ 6:40 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You say it doesn't appear with cd-players? Can you explain a bit more?

FRUiT94

Posted Fri 26 Mar 04 @ 1:55 pm
i agree with the loops (1/2 and 1/4 )

and with the cd players it sounds more solid,,, , they sound like one beat i noticed that but i thought it was becase of sound quality,,,,

c in my opinion hardware is more stable and pro ,,,software is getting there but still needs some

Posted Sat 27 Mar 04 @ 2:28 am
StylesQPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hey Fruit.. hmm...it's hard to put my finger on it in regards to the cd players... Could be my imagination that I think their "beat tightness" is a little tighter. It could be just getting used to this format and the "quirks & feel" more.

I have to say though that i reloaded the program and turned off the "pitch stretch" feature...and the beats seem to be sounding better together. (tighter)..more harmonious. "Shrugs"

But as for the loops, 1/4 & 1/2, those aren't my imagination. lol... they are a bit "unstable"

And yes, Smokey, dj software is getting better all the time...and I have to say that VDJ is the best at it's game out there.

P.S---don't forget to add the extra pitch ranges in the next update :) Thanks

Posted Sat 27 Mar 04 @ 8:05 am
RossMHome userMember since 2004
I've just disabled the option for "time stretching" and think it sounds much tighter/crisp.

Sounds more like CD Decks than mp3 now.

Yey.

Posted Tue 08 Jun 04 @ 4:40 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)