Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: cue button on vdj

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi, When I cue to the first beat of a track, on my cdj's, I like to: Stop the deck, a or b, rewind to bass beat, and set cue via cue button. Then, too make sure I have the right bass beat, I tap the cue button in time with the outgoing tune. When I do this the bass is there.
Yet in vdj, when I do this-nothing. Makes for hard cueing. I have to press play and use rewind in display bar. Is there a skin or some thing where I can tap cue and can hear my cued beat before launching into a mess. thanks.
Also, can I configure the wheel in the center of my mouse for pitch control. Dragging gives me carpal tunnel.

Posted Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 7:19 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

You could use the visual aids for that. With the default skin you could see the waves coming, you can pres the play-pause button and then make the exact point of cue moving (and pressing de left button of the mouse) in the green song. When you have do it just press de cue button an then you have marked that point to play from there your song. After that you only have to press play and stop and the song maintains this cue.

I don't be sure if you can use the center wheel to do anything at all.

Posted Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 4:56 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003

Posted Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 4:57 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Abot that CUE button in VDJ's default skin...

It uses the set_cue function, which only sets the cue. Now if you will open the .xml of that skin and replace the [button action="set_cue"] with [button action="cue_stop"], you'll (hopefully) get what you're looking for:

If the song is playing, go to cue.
If the song is paused, set a cue.
If the song is at the cue point, play a small part of song (until release).

(quote form keyboard settings)

Ps.: You can also set it as a keybord (midi, or other controler) shortuct.

Ps2.: Please tell me that it works (at least as a shortcut), because in someone-else's case it obviously didn't. And I don't know why.
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/40081/New_features/Stutter_function.html?highlight=stutter%20function

Regards,
erXon

Posted Wed 07 Sep 05 @ 7:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)