Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Really Weird Skipping

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DjSkirtHome userMember since 2005
Hey boys, my mate got a demo of vdj to give it a spin, but i'm getting these *strange* skips. It's flawless all the time, mixing, eq fades, totally solid.

But occasionally, it'll skip in exactly the same way as if you used the beat jump keys on the num-pad, i think it's a whole bar, but i can't figure out why it does it, i've watched it do this whilst my hands are nowhere near the controls.

I checked the skip forums, but i haven't found anyone else who has reported anything like this. Like i said, it doesn't happen when it's under load, it seems truly random. I figured it's probably a process on my box, but thought i'd post to see if anyone's heard of anything like it before...

Thanks boys

Posted Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 12:49 am
Hi, can you tell us about your setup and computer specs? :)

Posted Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 2:37 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
I had a feeling that this problem isn't in the demo or the full version.

Posted Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 2:42 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Could be an IRQ conflict with your sound card.

Posted Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 7:38 pm
Yeah, i'm using just one sound card, and kinda mixing by eye for the time being, it's hard, but i can't choose any other configs.
The soundcard i'm using is an onboard nForce chipset, with the latest drivers. I have an Athlon XP 2400+ with 512 of ram.
I don't think i have any irq conflicts, i went into device properties for my sound card and it says that there is none.

Posted Thu 08 Sep 05 @ 2:17 am
I was playing with it just now, and it seems that if both decks are running, they both skip the same amount, but if only one is only one will skip forward. Also it seems to skip 2 beats exactly, i set it up with a metronome, and it keeps perfect time.

Posted Thu 08 Sep 05 @ 2:38 am
Hmm, well i used one of my other sound cards. and it seems that it's sweet as nuts. Thanks for all your help guys :D

incedentally, it'd be cool if the trial supported using the split and multi output, and multi soundcards so users can get a proper feel of how well the beat detection/matching works.

Noone would dream of using it in a club without a mixer anyway, despite the time limit, so you 'may' lose revenue from bedroom djs, but chances are that they'd be the ones using the buggy pirate copies all over the forums.

Just a thought, i know the guys in charge would have already thought about this anyway, i figured i'd add my 2 cents

Thanks everyone

Posted Thu 08 Sep 05 @ 8:52 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)