Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Bypass Mode

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi @ll,

I have been searching for Topics explaining the "bypass mode" and found nothing that clearly defines how to setup the bypass mode.

I have setup a laptop+maya44usb+mixer+2tt's, everything works fine but I need to be able to play real vinly's too.

Any real DJ out there who has been doing this practically with consistent results? Is there a tutorial or graphic showing the setup?

Excerpt form Vdj.com:

"If you're using an ASIO soundcard, you just have to use the "bypass" mode (configure a keyboard shortcut for this action, or use a skin displaying a bypass button)."

This sounds so simple, where is this shortcut?

THX!

Posted Mon 05 Sep 05 @ 8:38 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
"I have setup a laptop+maya44usb+mixer+2tt's" where is full version of VDJ????? you bought maya44 and TCVs and you don't have full version??

Posted Mon 05 Sep 05 @ 10:16 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Addictive,

*** dido *** (same opinion of Xeon).

Posted Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 2:04 am

Posted Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 7:43 pm
santdPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Vinyl Scratch is a great skin. Use it all he time.

Posted Wed 07 Sep 05 @ 5:16 am
THX -> Dj Ken for you constuctive help!

****Moderated****->XEON & ACW_DJ

I don't care what opinions you have. There seems to be a lot of people like you spamming topics all the way. Do you get a commission for your posts? Is this the hardsell strategy? Go scratch yourself!

Virtualdj is a product with potential but it is far away from a perfect product that can be used in a pro setting. It is not that constant contrary to what people like you try to spread arround. I have tested it a couple times and the performance is not that great compared to others. I have spent 55€ for TCV's that I am not using so that it would justify the investment.

At this point it is not worth the cash! But the moment it is, I am willing to pay double because it is still cheaper than FS.

Moderation Team: Please be polite and speak with respect

Posted Wed 07 Sep 05 @ 7:47 pm
Addictive,

I want to say "same to you" but it doesn't go anywhere... It's SILLY...

You buy anything you want, but it's illogical to pretend work WELL without a FULL version. Not a cracked one, the demo is that A DEMO and doesn't have all the functions that will like to do a professional like you.

If you buy a Maya 44 and TCVs but you don't buy VDJ; you have an illegal version. Anyone who tells is a professional and do this, is not right... It doesn't match.

If you see I use TCVs and they work JUST like real vinyls. Ask for anyone who actually use TCVs with a legal full version of VDJ and compare what they said...

I don't work for VDJ or Atomix... I don't have ANY profit if you buy or not. I think is THE BEST software, and I'm based in the WORLWIDE Community, who talk about it and none of us receive any money for that.

I'm sure you don't know all of the real VDJ, but I was in your place in other time and when I finally bought VDJ, all change for good.

There are a lot of topics and tutorials (like the one you are asking for) that only could access by FULL VDJ register users.

I not share your opinion of "It don't worth the cash", VDJ sure is!

Posted Wed 07 Sep 05 @ 9:04 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
dj_addictive

You have lucky that nobody of moderators didn't saw your post.
"Please be polite and speak with respect" write in the bottom of forum.

Nobody has profit if just give advice to somebody that it is good to buy product. And what acw_dj said is right!

"Virtualdj is a product with potential but it is far away from a perfect product that can be used in a pro setting"
VDJ IS a perfect product and many users use it in big clubs every week. Me too. I use VDJ in our club once a week and once a week at private parties.
btw which programs did you compared? Did you compared price too??
can any program mix video???

VDJ is absolutely worth its money!!!

If you had problems / troubles with VDJ it's because of your cracked version. Don't expect that you can find help on forum if you have illegal version! btw cracked version is out of date and has bugs.

If you bought all of this hardware, why not to buy VDJ and get updates for free?????
tell me something.. Did you ever see software that has free updare let's say from 2 to 3 version????? There is no one! Let's take an example.. you buy adobe photoshop cs. Do you get free update to cs2?? no! you have to pay it again!
That's the difference!
You can spend every year so much money on software when in VDJ case you pay only one time!

I think that your opinion is wrong. I didn't want to offend you and i didn't! i just wanted to tell you that if you have all this hardware, you have to have full version of VDJ! if not because it's illegal to have cracked version, but because of your pride that you have all this hardware with full software!

I use TCVs (my friend bought them for me and sent them to me) and i use them every two weekend. I never had a crash, so you can't say that VDJ is not good software. I don't miss anything on it!

For me VDJ works perfect like no software around. Specially for this price!

at the end.. everybody who bought good product, will someday tell and recommend it to friend.

have a nice day

Dj Nikki

Posted Wed 07 Sep 05 @ 10:52 pm
dj_addictive you need a full version to do what you want to do with the maya and turn table. It's not possible with the trial version.

Posted Thu 08 Sep 05 @ 1:23 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
i thaught the demo version had TCV support so people could test this? ive never found bugs in a cracked version but mabey addictives one is a rubbish crack.

Posted Tue 13 Sep 05 @ 2:49 am
I spend at least 249€ a month for new records. I could easily buy the pro version if I wished. I have been a Fruity Loops user from Version 1 and have a Lifetime update. However, FL is a great product today but not perfect yet although what they have accomplished in the last years is amazing. VD is nothing compared to FL programming wise but that is not the subject. They have a long way to go yet and I will be enjoying it.

I had to make an initial investment just to test a product –VD. As a customer I had to take the risk to test and decide if I made the right decision and if further investment into the product is required. As a customer I am interested what others say about a product and their experiences. However, my own experience is the decisive factor. The experience that is made must meet or exceed the expectations to be affirmed. Therefore, as expectations may vary for every individual the level of affirmation may differ. (Please, do not compare CS2 to VD.)

My expectations have not been met. It is great that you guys are very satisfied and all your expectations are met. I believe VD is a good product with great potential but not perfect yet. This discrepancy might be the cause of VD as software and the hardware setup in general. The raw shape of the program is right but there is a lack of finesse. I have red a lot of the topics from the forum and have a feeling that many of the people require only the raw shape and are not even aware of the finesse.

I am not using VD anywhere now and never have. As a real DJ it is useless for my needs at the moment. I know the future is heading that way and a as a vinyl lover using new techs is only acceptable if some analog process like using TCV’s is inherent. That is the sole reason why I have thought to test VD. The question is: where is the limit? Auto Beat Matching per Software can be done without a DJ, let the machine do all?

I am going to buy a Technics SL-DZ1200. Most clubs in Germany have one or two of these in addition to decks. Great!!! As they say: the market regulates itself! Maybe one day these clubs will offer a VD workstation like some clubs already do for FS. I will keep an eye on VD and maybe I can share your enthusiasm in the future.

Posted Sun 18 Sep 05 @ 2:35 am
dj_addictive,

If I could I show you my setup (humble one) I play TCVs like REAL vinyls in all the ways. You are right to hold on with a purchase that doesn’t satisfy your expectations. The true for my after read your post is you have a partial look for what it really is. Some in this forum think the Technics SL-DZ1200 are no good (or not as good as others), and as I see, you think are great (like others think too).

look this: http://www.redicom1.com/wam/vdj/virtualdj_by_dj_getdown_Scratch_with_TCVs.wmv

Posted Sun 18 Sep 05 @ 2:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)