Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ Pro advantage? - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
When I was working at one club (about 12 years ago) the owner asks me to teach a new DJ to help me, and if I was sick, he could replace me that day. I don't want to let him know my secrets, after all nobody teaches me and I pass 2 years to finally could do good mixes... And He could replace me permanently!!!, Well I have to do it anyway and I teach him. I really teach him; he can match the song put any kind of music... he could do the job. He mixes sometimes at the club and me too. One day I couldn’t go to the club so he must do the night (about 4 hours) alone. He do it, but the owner (And some regular clients) tell me he don't make a good night. I couldn't believe after all the training...

Finally I get it. The taste and feel in the music and to read the dance floor ability are things that make you a DJ, not the techniques around a DJ. The tools don't do it. That DJ was never successful...

I know that for us it's just so easy to use VDJ that we believe EVERYONE could do it. That's not thru, even with a machine which mixes automatically someone have to choice the music and in there, is not as easy at it sounds. If you could make your dinner that don't make you a Cheff...

Posted Sat 03 Sep 05 @ 10:47 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Good point acw.

Posted Sun 04 Sep 05 @ 12:41 am
From my experience the owners thinks all they need is a DJ . So the get the cheapest person they can find. And just before they go out of bussiness they call and ask you to come back. At that time they have the gall to offer you less money than the Dj he had just fired.He no longer can pay you because he is broke. If you save his butt he will promise you the world as soon as the money rolls in but we all know greed over powers common sense. And you have to leave him in the dust until he pays pays pays through the nose.

Posted Sun 04 Sep 05 @ 1:45 am
DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Wow. I didn't expect such an enormous response. Thanks to all who replied. I'd like to add to the "possible" price increase worries. I do NOT think that VDJ is underpriced. It is a hell of a software but If they try to price it on a par with those previously mentioned, people may go with the others only because they seem to be more known to DJs who work in the clubs. If it does go up, I hope it isn't by much. At the very least, I hope that us "early adopter" are shown gratitude when it comes to upgrades.

Posted Sun 04 Sep 05 @ 10:49 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It is a $20 increase, and that increase is applicable to all new customers on monday (about 40 minutes after time of writing this message).

Still a very modest price ;).

Posted Sun 04 Sep 05 @ 11:28 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Things are changing here at vdj, that's for sure. If anyone's noticed we are stepping up things here in the US. For the longest time, the only way to get vdj was to buy it online; that too will be changing. Stay tuned this is an exciting time for everyone. Vdj is going worldwide!

Posted Mon 05 Sep 05 @ 3:21 am
DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
$20 is very reasonable. Long live VDJ!!!

Posted Mon 05 Sep 05 @ 10:19 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
"worldwide".... i would love nothing more to walk in to a shop and get some TCV

Posted Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 1:04 am
Could you elaborate on the "stepping up" here in USA ? What do you mean by that ? I'm on the west coast and know a ton of pro-DJs, club owners, music producers, etc... and not one has ever heard of VDJ before I mentioned it to them...

Posted Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 3:15 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)