Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TCV quality and consistency is poor

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005

Posted Wed 31 Aug 05 @ 9:35 pm
is no one respnding because this is comman knowledge or because no one cares if someone else has problems aslong as they are ok?

Posted Fri 02 Sep 05 @ 1:55 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Why don't you answer the last question posted in the thread you referenced. It may give sight to some of your problems.

I use the TCVs and don't experience the problems you are describing. Also, you will find that if you are experiencing something very different then everyone else then not many people know how to respond because they have no experience with what you are describing.

So keep feeding us information and we will help if we can.

cstoll

Posted Fri 02 Sep 05 @ 2:01 am
oh dont get me wrong im not asking for free help from helpful VDJ user, I just expect and demand what i paid for, and that isnt rubish sound and intermitent errors with hardware that is more than up to the job. I dont want to mix video i dont want tv output, i dont want timestretching and i dont want karaoke. all i want is the program i thought i paid for and saw so hyped up on this forum.

Posted Mon 05 Sep 05 @ 5:08 am
will format hdd later and post results soon!

Posted Mon 05 Sep 05 @ 5:08 am
just got back from a good solid weekend of raving and ive got work in 5 hours woooo! just wished i could have been djing with vdj instead of some idiots borrowed tunes, peron on after me was using traktor with nothing more thana mouse and a pcmcia creative card lol so i cud piss allover that if this actualy worked reliably enough

Posted Mon 05 Sep 05 @ 5:11 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Go back to your original post and I have added comments there.

Posted Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 1:53 am
this doesnt happen in normal mode (just using a sound output without ASIO or TCV) but happense even when using TC bypass mode when running 'Low-Latency Timecoded Vinyls' so i figure it can be only one thing, a problem with VDJ using ASIO drivers on my card. I have the latest drivesr for my hardware, prahaps i couold try using ASIO for all but that just seems silly when it has proper drivres that work flawlessly in other softwares. Oh and formating didnt do anything appart from tidy up my desktop and make it boot up a bit faster ;) no harm there then i gues but i was kind of crossing my fingers that it would all go away and it would start being what i had pictured when i bought the software :(

Posted Sat 10 Sep 05 @ 4:32 am
just to fill you in (like anyone actualy gives a flying ****) its stil rubish and im immensly dissatisfied because i realy wanted the underdog to out manuver the battle cruizer (fs) both on price and features but i guess you get what you pay for and im not too supprised the product is shoddy. ill have fun still playing at home its just a pitty i cant take this rig out to work and free parties (raves if you still call them that) that i DJ at

Posted Tue 13 Sep 05 @ 2:55 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
DJ Xeo - I've read this post and the other you started. You made a comment somewhere that we all just say that it's your hardware problem and not VDJ....ummm sorry but it is. Works great for me, better then FS that I had before. Hopefully you have tried cstoll and Acw's suggestions, they're smarter at the computer stuff then me. Me, I just plugged it in, followed the manual and it worked great. You may want to ask if anyone is using your soundcard successfully or pickup a Maya and try it out. I know that's a high end card and should work but I haven't seen others use it when posts go up about which card to use. You can always return the Maya but at least you would answer that question. I just had to chime in as your bashing of the product isn't doing anything for yourself. And, I do care and feel bad that you're unhappy with it.

Posted Tue 13 Sep 05 @ 5:23 pm
lol if you think im taking the time to report my findings on the product for some kind of personal benefit you couldnt be more wrong. im simply saying what i see and so far nothing has changed so why should i sudenly start singing the praises of the program. I thnk its a cracking bit of software as i ahve said many many times....BUT i have a problem with it and i think it is importand that anyone purchasing it knows that there is no gaurantee that it will work properly with anything other than a Maya 44 USB (or the PCI version i woiuld assume) i simply thaught that if i purchased a card certified as ASIO compliant it would work with the software but apparently this is not the case.

anyway the situation wont change soon and i dont want to keep bumping this topic anymore i just want to express how i feel. im glad that your setup is working fine for you and i dont remeber saying that it doesnt work for anyone. If microsoft made a version of windows that was only gauranteed to work on one kind of disscontinued processor from taiwan im sure there would be ranting and 'bashing' on the microsoft website

Posted Thu 15 Sep 05 @ 4:17 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
For the record, I use an Audigy 2 ZS Platinum and my TCV's are working very good... (2ms Latency). I still think is something in the configuration... I look more deeply, hpe can get you an answer

Posted Thu 15 Sep 05 @ 7:04 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)