Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Problems ripping VOBs

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'm having a few problems when ripping vobs. I have only ripped about 3 music dvds so far (money's short!) using smart ripper, but when i came to rip the A Team intro title sequence I cant seem to get it to work. The VOBs rip fine (they are playing in powerDVD fine) but when i load them into VDJ "occasionally" i get the first frame pop up for a fraction of a second, then the title bar simply says "error". I tried different settings on smart ripper and even using dvd shrink (inc. the re-author) option. these, like i say, work in powerDVD, but not in VDJ :o(

I tried re-ripping files i already have (and know work) but the same thing happens. I've also tried reinstalling smart ripper, but no help there either! :o(

the only thing i can think of is that my decoder in VDJ has got messed up (dont know how tho since i havn't played around with anything like that)

Anyone know where to get another decoder from/ or any other ideas as to why this is not working :o(

Thanks

Btw, this happened with Shrek's Kareoke Dance Party too last night.

Posted Wed 31 Aug 05 @ 9:16 pm
Change the extension on the problematic files to mpg instead of vob.

Simply right click and then rename.

Posted Wed 31 Aug 05 @ 9:55 pm
nope. I tried that (and again just then) but it doesnt help :o( still same problem

thanks though

Posted Wed 31 Aug 05 @ 10:01 pm
I've managed to fix it. What i did, in case it happens to anyone else is i renamed the files mpg, but then i thought i'll change the decoder for mpgs from "internal decoder" to the "Windows MediaPlayer video Decoder".

Alls well now :o)

Posted Wed 31 Aug 05 @ 10:28 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Nebula, some files in VCDs have this problem, and we can fix as you mention; changing the video decoder to WMD.

Posted Thu 01 Sep 05 @ 2:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)