Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How to disable joystick control

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I was playing with my joystick and was trying to map different actions (via other software "vmidijoy")
to perform actions in vdj.

I randomly found out when the BUTTON 1 is pressed and joystick is moved in X-axis it actualy moves the crossfader, while pressing BUTTON1 and BUTTON2 simultaneously performs play action on the active deck.

While searching this forums I found out that Atomixmp3 has such feature, that probably stayed in virtualdj.

Posted Tue 30 Aug 05 @ 3:24 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It's interesting

Posted Wed 31 Aug 05 @ 9:15 am
interesting is that you can use your joystick to rewire an existing cd-player controls and have an usb controller for virtualdj.

Last time (i borrowed my hercules console) i played only from notebook and numark USB mixer

and I accidentally stopped a song. I was not focused on the search windows and I hit "s".

This lead me to an idea not to use an external USB keyboard, and hardwire it to the remote controller,
but use something that's not colliding with the keyboard.

Imagine that I got complete whole dual cd-player (used) for 200$ then other 30$ for joystick (maybe i need two). And I can control virtual dj. Only dead thing is display and leds.
Actually I'm solving just the jogwheel signals in order to be able to us them.

(oh i forgot that a plugin is needed, but that's topic for another forum part)

Posted Wed 31 Aug 05 @ 1:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)