Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ XP10 or EKS XP10 Controller

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

JayDeePRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi,

what would you prefer?

The controller from Virtual DJ or the controller from EKS?

The controller from VDJ has another firmware and it is VDJ branded.
The EKS Controller is cheaper but this version is NOT supported by VDJ.

How would you decide?

Regards
JayDee

Posted Mon 29 Aug 05 @ 3:16 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Both controllers are from EKS. I bought mine from thomann.de and wasn't from atomix and it works great!

Dj Nikki

Posted Mon 29 Aug 05 @ 10:18 pm
Do you know, is it possible to do a firmwareupdate to get the same Version on the Controller like the VDJ Controller?

Posted Tue 30 Aug 05 @ 4:04 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i wouldn't think so...besides if your only going to use it with VDJ then buy them here full support and cheaper, unless you have an itch for some other program too them buy from EKS, honestly buying cd-decks with timecode cd's seem a better direction to head in and can be about the same price range

Posted Tue 30 Aug 05 @ 4:16 pm
To buy it here is much more expensive than to buy it anywhere else.
In germany you pay 420 EUR for the VDJ controller.
But there are shops where you can buy the EKS Controller for nearly 340 EUR.
...and 80 EUR more, for only another firmware-version...
For example, if the VDJ Controller costs 360 EUR completely, it would be no reason for me to buy it anywhere else. But 420 EUR... it is too much...

But you talked about cd-decks with timecode cd's.
Can you give me an example? What would you prefer?
Perhaps it is realy an alternative for me.

Posted Wed 31 Aug 05 @ 8:51 am
To buy it here is much more expensive than to buy it anywhere else.
In germany you pay 420 EUR for the VDJ controller.
But there are shops where you can buy the EKS Controller for nearly 340 EUR.
...and 80 EUR more, for only another firmware-version...
For example, if the VDJ Controller costs 360 EUR completely, it would be no reason for me to buy it anywhere else. But 420 EUR... it is too much...

But you talked about cd-decks with timecode cd's.
Can you give me an example? What would you prefer?
Perhaps it is realy an alternative for me.

Posted Wed 31 Aug 05 @ 8:52 am
LudekPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Are you sure, that XP10 from Atomix and XP10 from EKS have really another firmware? Can anyone test Atomix XP10 console in Bison software (bundled with original EKS XP10) or Traktor, if it really doesn't working? I think, that real difference is only in logo at wheel, other text on any keys and (of course :-) price. Hardware (and firmware) is the same. I have original (EKS) XP10 and in VDJ it is working at 100%.

Posted Wed 31 Aug 05 @ 2:15 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
the xp10's are nice from what i hear but might not last as long as you would like for the $$$, your on a budget so it's hard to buy dj gear, i know 1st hand i have always had to buy 2nd place gear for all my dj life. I have some decent turntables that get the job done, i also have tried the TCV which i think was good just my setup is not ready to handle the power needed to run flawlessly. You can also get some TT's in your price range too, i just thought cd's might be more your thing as you can always play a cd in them not just timecode, and where you probably don't have any vinyl that would be another expense. So if you wever wanted to mix without VDJ then you could do that too. search in here for more pro and cons to both.
some examples of budget cd decks

http://www.pssl.com/bitemdetail~waGroup1datarq~[waGroup1datarq]~eqint_KeyIDdata~38869~itemNumber~[item_number]~UID~2005083106462866~disp_IMG~Y~catgroup~%5BcatGroup%5D.tpl
http://www.pssl.com/bitemdetail~waGroup1datarq~[waGroup1datarq]~eqint_KeyIDdata~39869~itemNumber~[item_number]~UID~2005083106462866~disp_IMG~Y~catgroup~%5BcatGroup%5D.tpl

Posted Wed 31 Aug 05 @ 4:06 pm
@Ludek: About the different firmware - That was the feedback of the support team of VDJ.

Posted Thu 01 Sep 05 @ 8:36 am
guile26PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I ask this question to atomix corporate team, and he told me that Atomix XP10 is only available with VDJ, and the others are available with all dj software. So now, the price is 299€ for Atomix XP10. ANd 310€ for EKS one. So if you want to use it only with VDj, buy atomix one...

Posted Sat 03 Sep 05 @ 1:01 pm
@guile26: No, original EKS XP 10 is cheaper:

VDJ XP10 - Unit price 299 € + VAT 75,46 € + Delivery fees 86 € = Total 460,46 €
EKS XP10 (from Thomann.de) - Unit price (incl. VAT) 329 € + Delivery fees 19 € = Total 348 €

Functionality is the same.

460,46 - 348 = 112,46 € for cosmetic changes on the buttons and the big red VDJ graphic on the platters? No, thanks... But if you want.. :-)

Posted Sun 04 Sep 05 @ 7:40 pm
Why are the delivery fees so extremly high??

Posted Mon 05 Sep 05 @ 10:11 pm

Posted Mon 05 Sep 05 @ 11:08 pm
I think 46€ is much to high, too...

Posted Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 9:18 am
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
... Its only 9 euros to deliver to france too! (11 euros for 2 XP10s)

Its 46 euros (57 for 2) to deliver to the UK... which has put me off a few times from buying them.

I think it's stupid! It'd be cheaper to get some delivered to a post office or something in Calais and DRIVE down to pick them up!!!

I think it's a bit of a coincidence that the cheapest delivery costs are France... when it's a French program

Off www.thomann.de for a pair of EKS XP10s it costs:

658.00 euros (inc. vat)
+ shipping (15 euros)
= 673 euros (£455.766)

Off VDJ for VDJ XP10s:

598 euros
+ shipping (57 euros)
+VAT =128.38 euros
= 783.38 euros (£783.38)

I know if i had the money and was going to buy a pair of XP10's I would definately go for the ones from Thomann, as to be honest, i want a product that works, not just one which works with a logo on for a higher price

Posted Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 4:15 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I don't see why everyone is so surprised that it is cheaper to ship something from France to France, then to export from France to another country.... ?

Posted Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 7:08 pm
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I thought that the XP10s came directly from EKS. Having a finnish website (i think, going from the extention of the web address) I assumed they were a finnish company. http://eks.fi/index.php?page=xp10. I think the main point was that the shipping costs seem expensive

Posted Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 10:15 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
I really think this "boxes with buttons" are overpriced. They must cost no more than $250 a pair of them. I don't believe the has much tech inside, like a BCD2000 or DJConsole or a CD-Player like Dennon... (or are they??)

The Shipping is overpriced too, but it is nothing in compare with the high price of this controllers.

Posted Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 10:44 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
i agree. they are overpriced and it has almost nothing inside! i opened one of them. but it seems that EKS company produces only XP10, that's why they keep so high price.
btw shipping from thomann. de is only 20 euro

Dj Nikki

Posted Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 10:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)