Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Upgrading soon

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

allanwHome userMember since 2004
Hi guys i have been using VDJ with a hercules console for a while and im thinking about upgrading to the full version and using an external mixer with it. I have a numark dm1002 mkII mixer and haev a question regarding using this mixer. I know i could use 2 stereo outputs on my soundcard into the mixer then from the mixer to my PC speakers but if i wanted to record my mixes or use effects then i would need to route the output on my mixer back into my PC right? The mixer has master and recording outputs but no outputs for each individual channel, will this still work with VDJ the way i want it to?

My plan is to get a Maya 44 PCI or something similar to use to connect the mixer and leave my PC speakers plugged into my onboard soundcard and set as my default soundcard so i can play games n all that just the way i normally would and then load up VDJ and have it all setup without having to move around wires and settings. Does this all sound right??

Posted Sun 28 Aug 05 @ 11:26 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
The Maya is perfect if you want to use TCVs or TCCDs. You have to use sound card (5.1) minimum for you want to do.

You will use 2 sound outputs (Line outs) and connect them to your mixer (2 Line inputs, channel 1 and Channel 2 maybe). Then connect the record outputs of your mixer to the LINE input of your ACTIVE sound card.

When you upgrade your VDJ you could use the record option in this line input and everything works good. YOu could use your games and VDJ as you plan.

Posted Sun 28 Aug 05 @ 5:21 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)