Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: solidarity of sound output

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I get alot of different noisees when i i minimise and load a new song etc. Sometiems i will get a half second of digital screetch and sometimes the sound output will have pops and crakels when the winamp played version of the song does not. There is also another problem that sometimes when i load up VDJ timestretch quality goes to 0 and the playback is choppy and stuttery but this will imidiately chage to 100% if both decks are playing something (not both TCV's but both VDJ decks actualy playing noise) it takes a few close VDJ and open again to make it work the right way. The digital noises mostly come about when forwarding songs to a point that has not yet been analysedand affects both deck outputs, so even if your playing soing is going out fine and your previewing the other with the fader all the way over it will still make this nasty sound over the spekaers.

Thanks im hoping there is a fix for this, im using an expensive professional multi in/out ASIO driver card

Posted Fri 26 Aug 05 @ 5:54 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Xeo,
2 things: disable timestrech in Config->Fame->Timestrech and analize your songs after load it in VDJ. Give a try, if the error remains check your ASIO parameters try with 20ms for example.

Good Luck!

Posted Fri 26 Aug 05 @ 7:08 pm
yer i have tryed with different latencies, my card will go down to a buffer size of 16 (less than 1 ms @ 44.1khz) with other Dj and Producer applications (not to name any names naturaly) i have absalutely no idea why this would be happening it seems only to happen when i load new songs or ask something of vdj. VDJ is flexible but i wish they would spend some time on development polish making the sound reproduction more solid and dependable, i didnt spend £250 on a professional sound card for my program of choice to make stupid noises and take multiple restarts to work properly. Im sure there are a ton of people who use this magical maya card that the software actualy works properly with but a good professional tool will work with any ASIO 2.0 card. And i have never used timestretch on VDJ and never will (unless they fix it, lol hasnt happened yet probably wont ever happen). dont get me wrong i love VDJ its great fun to play with but i wouldnt ever use it live because i have problems with it too frequently.

Posted Tue 30 Aug 05 @ 6:57 pm
What soundcard are you using? ARe configuring the ASIO in the VDJ options? If you try with the soundcard without TCVs it sounds good?

Posted Thu 01 Sep 05 @ 2:47 am
yes its fine mate if the TCV has run out (at the end of the reccord) or is in bypass mode none of this will happen, latency or anything else makes no difference somehow. the sound card is top mate its had amazing reviews and its not USB ether (usb by a fundamental design issue has about 4ms delay ontop of any other latency by virtue of it being a serial based tranceiving technology) I chose it because i needed to do multi track recorgin with softwares like logic and acid as i produce aswell and needed a good quality multi chanel one. becaues obv i couldnt buy 2 that would be stupid or else i would have gone for the magic gauranteed to work maya discontinued 44 USB (even though i have free pci slots:S:S:S:S) sorry if im rambling ive had a long hard weekend lol! just wished i couold have broken out vdj to blow some of them away without fear of it all going horibly wrong with a loud boom of static or digital scream as explained before, as i said in other thread tho will format soon and post back with how it works after.

Peace out!

Posted Mon 05 Sep 05 @ 5:24 am
oh and to answer the question, DOH! its a terratec producer phase8/8

Posted Mon 05 Sep 05 @ 5:25 am
If you buy the maya in PCI interface, Maya 44 MKII is your answer. It works fine too.

Posted Mon 05 Sep 05 @ 2:10 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You may want to try adjusting the samples and buffer settings in your ASIO settings of the card. Just because you are able to set the ASIO to a low setting does not mean VDJ necessarily responds to that setting. Even from the manual for the Phase 88 they recommend adjustments until you find the right performance --

"The ASIO buffer size has a direct effect on the latency (“speed”) of the ASIO driver; if the value is too low it may impair the overall performance of your system, however. On fast systems (1 GHz or higher), you should be able to set values of less than 512 samples/buffer (this corresponds to a latency of less than 5 ms at 96 kHz) without problems.

“Without problems” means that you will not detect any dropouts during audio recording or playback. If dropouts occur, increase the buffer size or the number of samples per buffer."

-- It's a hardware settings issue, not VDJ.

cstoll

Posted Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 2:19 am
lol if you read what i said i explained that changing the buffer size makes no difference to these digital artefacts produced in the sound output. Traktor and other native insturments software such as guitar rig and vocoder 7.0 use the asio input of my card at 96 Khz and sub 1 ms latency with no popping and sample dropping at all. The distortion and crackling i am experiencing is intermitent but persistant not like the almost constant cracking and poping that having latency set too low causes.
#i dont liek the way you say.....-- It's a hardware settings issue, not VDJ.

im not trying to lay balme at the door of vdj i jsut want it to work! peace out!

Posted Wed 07 Sep 05 @ 7:49 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
no blame game taken... it's just when trying to configure and integrate two software packages like the ASIO interface and VDJ it is very hard. Not all hardware, even with the most current drivers or supporting software is necessarily compatible to another software product. I guess the better answer to your problem is that --- your hardware possible falls into that small percentage of inconpatiblity with VDJ. Sorry you took it wrong, but it looks like that type of hardware and VDJ have some issues that may or may not be resolvable by VDJ or even the creator of the drivers.

I need to tp think this one out some more.

cstoll

Posted Sat 10 Sep 05 @ 10:09 am
Xeo,

did you try to modify the ASIO time? a bit longer of ASIO time could make to work better. Also check in VDJ to put reactivity in medium and try again.

Posted Sat 10 Sep 05 @ 12:39 pm
didnt think about changing the reactivity, my computer is fast but will try the most defensive option selection i can and report back. fi by ASIO time you meen the buffer size then yes i have tryed all the way up to as big a buffer (slow, high latency whatever you want to call it) as it goes 2048 samples (50ms i think) i ahte using FS (basicly traktor) next to using VDJ as i prefer it so much more but there is little argument that Traktor is far more solid in every possible way than vdj. And how do you turn the sodding nedle drop off its doing my nut, anti skip doesnt seem to do anything that i can notice.

Posted Tue 13 Sep 05 @ 2:26 am
is VDJ actualy ASIO 2.0 certified, because my sound card is and surely that means they are gauranteed to be compatible

Posted Tue 13 Sep 05 @ 2:30 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)