Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Sample Error

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJFocusPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Im Having a problem with my sample engine on version 2.06. I have a Dell Inspiron and it meets the requirements. I just started today with the smaple engine, making my own samples and then attempting to save them. However, when i save them they cause either 1) a fatal error on my vdj or 2) cause my virtual dj to shut down and not be able to open again, and forcing me to uninstall and reinstall the program. Why is this? and how do i recitfy it.

Posted Fri 26 Aug 05 @ 4:10 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I have no idea what your problem can be, what i know is, sampler is working well for other users. Any chance you have a virus ? Try to uninstall and then manually delete the virtual dj folder if is still there and also delete the vdj registy entries (manually).
Scan your pc for viruses, install the latest 3.1 version (why you use 2.06 ?)

Posted Fri 26 Aug 05 @ 4:57 am
I attempted to download 3.0 and there was massive skipping, which there was none with 2.06, so I went back

Posted Fri 26 Aug 05 @ 8:31 am
I dont think its a virus cuz I never go online with my laptop computer, and vdj was working just fine until i started messing with the sample engine

Posted Fri 26 Aug 05 @ 8:33 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
DJFocus,

Maybe it's Windows (If you don’t have any virus). When we work with Windows, it’s opening and closing many files and this files make Temp files too. The Temp files cause a fragmented disc. Because a fragmented disc, when you install a new product it maybe crash your computer. To avoid this, follow the next steps:

Uninstall VDJ and go to C:\\Windows\\Temp and erase everything (yea, EVERYTHING).
go to C:\\Documents and Settings\\("your windows user")\\Local Configuration\\Temp and ERASE everything in it.
Make this too in C:\\Documents and Settings\\("your windows user")\\Internet Temporary Files\\Content.IE5 erase the folders in it but not delete index.dat.

Then in Internet Explorer (run it) and go TOOLS->Internet Options->Configuration in there put 50MB in the disc space for internet cache.

After doing all these, defrag your hard disk partition.

This is going to let your computer run better, you'll see.

Reboot, Install VDJ and probe again.

Posted Fri 26 Aug 05 @ 5:34 pm
Could i do what you suggest and still save my shortcuts and database so i dont have to do ALL that stuff over again? Oh by the way thanks also for the help

Posted Fri 26 Aug 05 @ 6:40 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Of Course,

Backup all your VDJ files (VirtualDJ Database.XML, history.txt, mp3database.txt, shortcut.xml) and you don't have to do all these work again.

Posted Fri 26 Aug 05 @ 7:12 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)