Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: New Plugin Request For Karaoke

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Alot of cdg style karaoke tracks are recorded as what is called 'multiplex'

This means sometimes the vocals are recorded on one of the channels, to remove them so you can here just the singer, you press the vocal button on the karaoke player - this switches the stereo output through left,right or stereo. It a standard feature on most karaoke players.

I get around it with a little home-made switch on my audio lead at present, but this would be a nice feature and I imagine in wouldn't be to difficult to implement as a plugin

Where you put it on the screen is up to you !

Many Thanks

Posted Thu 25 Aug 05 @ 2:19 pm
Sounds like something that can be solved with Deun-Deun's "special balance".

Posted Sat 24 Sep 05 @ 2:25 am
igarokHome userMember since 2005
yes, it's GREAT!!!!!! Best off All!!!!!!!!!

Posted Thu 29 Sep 05 @ 2:24 am
Please can you make a plugin for a key changer in the karaoke version so I can use it?
thanks

Posted Tue 31 Jan 06 @ 10:20 pm
Do you mean ONE Plugin that does both? There is a key changer.

Posted Mon 06 Feb 06 @ 3:34 am
wella86Home userMember since 2006
thx it's very good

Posted Sun 12 Feb 06 @ 1:40 pm
DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
There's loads of ways to play back karaoke.

Here's one I reccomend for the PC:
http://www.karafun.com

Download the free software and away you go
The thing I like about this software is the ability to change the backgrounds so you don't just have the boring blue.

Posted Mon 20 Feb 06 @ 1:38 am
I'll resurrect this thread a bit, as I'm currently considering buying VirtualDJ for my karaoke shows, but I absolutly need a way to turn off the left or right stereo channel for some of the songs. Is there such a plugin?

Posted Mon 27 Apr 09 @ 3:25 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes there is;)

Posted Tue 28 Apr 09 @ 1:18 pm
spirit22 wrote :
I'll resurrect this thread a bit, as I'm currently considering buying VirtualDJ for my karaoke shows, but I absolutly need a way to turn off the left or right stereo channel for some of the songs. Is there such a plugin?

if you need to control tracks where by there is singing in the left channel and jsut music on the other, you should consider buying a mixer with a PAN function.

most mixers over £100 have this on every channel.

Posted Tue 28 Apr 09 @ 1:39 pm
Except that the pan function will also divert all sound away from your left/right speaker if you're properly setup (ie running a stereo sound system and not a mono sound system). But it seems there is an addon so I'm happy :)

Posted Thu 07 May 09 @ 2:40 pm
hudbnHome userMember since 2009
thank you so much

Posted Wed 13 May 09 @ 11:31 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)