Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DMC 1 Mapper

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello ladies and gentlemen. My name is Rick. Just bought the software at the DJ convention in AC. You will be hearing from me a lot in the up coming months. I am not a total idiot, but I am slow when it comes to computers. I have no problem asking for help, and also giving help. I have been using a competitors software for the last 3 years, so I know a little bit. So far, I am very happy with this software, and with the speed of technical support. I had an error message on install, and they took care of that in less than an hour. My first of many questions is; How do I know if I have the latest DMC/DAC Mapper? I have a DMC 1 controller, and would like to know if I should download the mapper, from the site, or do I already have the latest. Is there a list of the functions of each key on the DMC 1, that I could look at or print out? Can I change any of these functions to my personal liking, and how do I do that? There is no such thing as too much information to me, so help me out.

Peace
Rick

Posted Sun 21 Aug 05 @ 8:18 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Greetings Rick,

Good to see you here with us :) The default mapping is ok however to get it to work like it does the other software you were using you need to download this file http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/download.html?addon_id=759

Inside of the zip you will find 2 files. One is a small text file that explains all the new fuctions of the dmc/dac (dmc has no fx key) You can print this list out if you like. The other is the dll of the mapper take this file and place it in the root of your virtual dj folder (most likely c:\programfiles\virtualdj) Then restart virtual dj. So far mapping for these 2 controllers is only changeable by a special dll file. The guy that made this one (daniels) has a thread in the plugins fourm looking for new ideas. That would be a good place to suggest changes.

Posted Sun 21 Aug 05 @ 11:17 pm
Hey Rick,

when you unzip the DMC Mapper it will have a "readme" file that will explain what functions are capable. Just put the unzipped .DLL in the virtual DJ program files folder and all should work. My DACs work great but my DMC loses sync very easily, not sure if there is a fix for that or not.

Good luck

Doh! 5 minutes too late! Thanks Cyder.
Cyder, do you know how to make the DMC-1 stop losing sync? I have two on two different machines and they both lose sync if used.

Posted Sun 21 Aug 05 @ 11:20 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
I was unaware of the dmc sync issue does it happen with the default mapping too? I would normally suggest changing the fifo settings in a case of sync. Also maybe try to use a usb to serial adapter. Losing sync like that might mean the controller isn't chipped with new firmware.I sold my dmc awhile back it never had any sync issues.

Posted Mon 22 Aug 05 @ 3:58 pm
Thanks for the info. I am at the club now with dial-up, so will wait till I get home to try out.

Posted Mon 22 Aug 05 @ 7:29 pm
These DMCs are NOT chipped! I am sure of that. They just worked so I did not realize that true functionality only came when you had the upgrade done. It does not really affect me since DMCs are only in backup rigs, all main rigs have DACs.

Partyman

Posted Tue 23 Aug 05 @ 9:24 pm
Dj-LosPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi All,

I have been using the DMC-1 (with Chip) and a serial to usb cable, I have not seen or experienced any sync issues. this may be a non-chipped dmc-1 issue.

-Carlos.

Posted Sun 28 Aug 05 @ 4:26 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
same here DMC-1 with a chip is flawless

Posted Mon 29 Aug 05 @ 12:14 am
Tried your suggestions, and they work fine. Thanks for the info. I have 2 DMC 1's, with chips, and have never had a sync problem. I did have a power problem, because I take my controllers everyday, when I leave the club. Had to re-solder the power connecter to the circuit board. Are you sure this is not your problem?

Posted Mon 29 Aug 05 @ 11:44 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)