Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: BPM with TCVs unstable

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Even though I get 100% on both TTs in the sound setup, the BPM is never "locked on", there always is a variation in the digit after the decimal like such 135.2... 135.5... 135.4... 135.2... 135.5... while the track is playing, making it pretty much impossible to beatmatch dead-on.

I even tried using the same track on both TTs and even then they don't stay perfectly in sync...

What could be the reason for this ? I tried with timestretch on and off, it has no impact. I tried with Auto-BPM on and off, doesn't help either. So be it 100% manual or semi-auto doesn't seem to help...

Posted Fri 19 Aug 05 @ 8:19 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
My Understanding is that is just the way it is. I've tried everything as well. The truth is that small variation doesn't really matter when mixing. What does matter and also doesn't work is beatlock. I use it to sync the BPM's quickly (or I use the sync button) but it doesn't lock. Sometimes on long songs beatlock will also "lock" the deck and cause loss of sound in VDJ. You also have lot's of options on how you want to pitch bend and nudge - you can use shortcuts, the TCV, the pitch on VDJ, the pitch on the TCV. TCV's and TCCD's bring back a little of the old school back in that you need more skill. You could argue that it's easier to beatmix with a mouse. But..you can't argue about scratching or fun.

Posted Fri 19 Aug 05 @ 8:41 pm
mine only ever goes of by .1, and it doesnt effect my mxing at all

Posted Fri 19 Aug 05 @ 9:09 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
yes same thing i saw when i was testing the demo. but with mine and the reason my VDJ setup is on pause is that when scratching heavy my sound card with start to sound real funky/garbled after 5-10 min., if i turned off the TCV and just played it from the card the sound would disappear it also would clear the sound back to normal if i minimize and then maximize Vdj back up. kind of like the hercules bug that was mention in that section. but i only had 256 ram.

Posted Fri 19 Aug 05 @ 10:08 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
The variation is because of the motor of the turntables. This are analogical devices, the variation is from the motor and is perfectly normal. This is the way to mix with vinyls. The variation doesn't affect at all for a good beat mixing, but you have to learn to synchronize with your TTs and TCVs only to find out the mixing with records.

listen2, Try to unistall your current VDJ version (reboot) and install VDJ again from de Demo version (provide in this site). An look again, maybe it's corrupted your current copy.

Posted Sat 20 Aug 05 @ 6:08 am
acw_dj,

Would you get the same variations with CD TTs and TCCDs ?

Posted Tue 23 Aug 05 @ 2:15 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
e-motion,

As far as I known; No, the CD's read a DIGITAL source and don't have this issue.

But it isn't that bad 'cause the TTs have the same variations each and we can mix and set perfect mixes like always with Vinyls.

But if you prefer, could use TCCDs also.

Posted Tue 23 Aug 05 @ 5:11 pm
Well it's not a big deal, as I'm able to beatmatch anyway, I just think it's a bit less accurate, it seems...

Now if I could only get the TC bypass to work, it would be just peachy.

Posted Tue 23 Aug 05 @ 5:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)