Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: AMD 64 Bit processor

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Anyone using a PC with an AMD 64 bit processor yet? Any problems? Any fears about how well it will work with Virtual DJ and USB-connected sound cards? Thanks.

Posted Thu 18 Aug 05 @ 3:21 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
No problems reported by using this processor. Works fine with VDJ and Windows XP Pro SP2. Search in the forum and you will find some information releated to AMD 64 and VDJ.

Posted Thu 18 Aug 05 @ 7:28 am
I have a amd 64 3400 and it works better than intel. prior to having this i had a p4 2800 and it would keep freezing up on me. even though i did other things like keeping it cool and using an external hard drive for my music it would still do it once in a while. I rarely had it happen to me now. I think amd 64 is much better.

Posted Sat 27 Aug 05 @ 11:57 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
I use and P4 3.2 with HT, FSB 800, DDR2 533 RAM and it runs really fast. VooDoo, you are comparing and old PC with a new. New is better ALWAYS.

Both processors works fine but I have more captabilities with Intel than I have with AMD, Compress faster mi DivX files, can do several operations at a time ('cause HT)... AMD is cheaper and works faster in a single operations, not in multiple operations. It not works for me.

VDJ has optimitation to use Intel Hyper Threading. I work really fine, but most AMD users works fine also.

Posted Sun 28 Aug 05 @ 1:58 am
I just installed Virtual Dj on Windows 64 and it runs flawlessly. I am using a AMD64 3200 with 1 meg cashe. The video play back is just fine and the program responds faster.The problem is there are no soundcard drivers for my Motu 828. I only have drivers for the onboard soundcard.

Posted Mon 29 Aug 05 @ 2:42 am
Im using AMD64 3200+ w XPproSP2 and everything is just smooth as hot knife thru butter. Booting up from switch on to windows use is just 12-13 secs and vdj runs perfectly without any crashs and video mixing is smooth (nvidia6600gt card)

Posted Wed 31 Aug 05 @ 8:28 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)