Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Rercording facility not working

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

NeilloHome userMember since 2004
Hi Lads and Lassies

Got the Virtual DJ software bundle with new Hercules console. FAB gear and the VDJ is by far the most exciting software in the bundle. The only thing is now that I am hooked I need to find out why certain parts of it arent working as expected.

1. Record function not working - Despite numerous reinstalls, installing Dir X 9.0 etc when I access the Record page and start to record it does not work (I have installed the lame dll file also to no avail)

2. The Samples button now crashes everytime I press the samples button - the options are not coming up (someone else on the regular forum has experienced this also - similarly I remember when I FIRST installed the software it did work the first time - Strange)

3. When I use the database upgrade posted on the site for Hercules users it makes the software inoperable - simply doest load again

Great software in general - but how do I get it to record and play samples again?

Many thanks
Neillo
Glasgow
Scotland

Posted Sat 20 Mar 04 @ 8:09 pm
Hi

Any thoughts on the problem I'm having with recording anything? I am able to describe what I want the file to be saved as, and as I press the record button it turns to "sopt Recording" as if it working, but when I look there is no file saved.

Thanks
Neill

Posted Wed 24 Mar 04 @ 12:28 am
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi,
Take care about two things:

- is it really recording or waiting for you to start your mix (autostart option).

- the path to your recorded mix (is it where you are looking for)
try another path, maybe VDJ is not allowed to write here...

I hope this help you.

Posted Wed 24 Mar 04 @ 8:00 am
and make sure the extention is right ( example.wav )

Posted Wed 24 Mar 04 @ 10:25 pm
Thanks for your help with trying to get my Hercules version or Virtual DJ to record but that didnt work either (change save file path etc). It is not recording even to the Program files virtual dj directory. Can you suggest anything else to help me record (it is not even saving an empty file).

Also the samples are still not working at all, it crashes the system I am using Windows XP.

Thanks
Neill

Posted Thu 01 Apr 04 @ 3:38 pm
also check that your control panel of the hercules console (the little green fellow in your taskbar) is set to DJ-mix.

remove VDJ and re-install 1.09
goto windows-update to get the latest patches/hotfixes (including USB-hotfix)
and allways use the latest hercules drivers.

Posted Mon 05 Apr 04 @ 11:19 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)