Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Need Serious help - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Installed Ver 3.1 on gig box yestarday. Problems started almost immediately.
List of what happened within a 2 hour period;
VDJ shut down no warning (More than 3 times while playing music)
Video driver error appeared VDJ shut down (playing music)
Screen goes black whenever I move mouse to search or load another tune.

Words for karaoke did not appear on the small screen on VDJ. (Have to go into config and deactivate and then activate the video screen again. If I go back to play music and go back to karaoke the screen doesn't work and have to deactivate and reactivate again.

Fatal error (VDJ shut down as soon as error came up so I could not try ro recover)
Runtime error then VDJ shut down.

ALso noticed when VDJ is on; In the title area, there are 2 items which I don't remember seeing before; DX1 and DE25. Both say "impossible to open with decoder MP3 decoder".

I usually am in touch with Jason because he put the system together for me. ( I don't have the wherewith all to put a system together). I know he is very busy with the show right now, so I don't want to bother him. But I would like to get up and going.

System specs. (Which don't mean much to me)
CPU 2.66 GHZ
Pentium 4
Ram 1024 GB
DDR 400 Speed of ram

IF anyone can help I would be very grateful. But please go easy as I don't know all the tech stuff.
I thought of trying to delete and re install VDJ, but I do not want to loose any info and have to re install all the music files.

Posted Tue 16 Aug 05 @ 1:45 pm
Turn off ALL video features in the config,
never use video files, or karaoke.
Disable visualization (the visual plugins for mp3...)

It looks like problem with graphics card/driver so this way we will see.

Try to play only mp3's if the problem persists, be sure no video windows is opened...

Then we can continue...

Posted Tue 16 Aug 05 @ 2:06 pm
Lopez:
I do not have video files. Only music and karaoke.
Okay in the video config here is what I found and found;
Video Output
Actrivate Was checked I unchecked it.
Use hardware Unchecked

Options:
Link crossfader was checked, I unchecked it.

Transitions:
Fade has a dot could not delte left as is
When no video / karaoke
SHow blank has a dot, could not delete so I left as is.

Played only music for about 40 min. No crashes. Screen still goes black ocassionally for about 25 seconds.

After 40 min I put in a few Karaoke files. They worked. No problems;
I did check the config while playing karaoke and noticed that all the settings in video came back as they were before I changed them.

I will play around again tomorrow for a bit longer to see if it is still stable. THe black screen is just bugging me though. It did not do this before. ALso I don't understand why changing the settings it works even though they come back when you play karaoke.
Are you supposed to change the settings every time you do music? meaning during the course of the evening you are playing music; then you do a few karaoke, then back to playing music. I don't think you should have to change settings every time, but maybe that is what must be done.
THANKS really appreciate your help.
I hope that it is more stable now.

Posted Tue 16 Aug 05 @ 11:37 pm

Posted Wed 17 Aug 05 @ 2:55 am
wow, i didnt see his serial there,(too many caps) and doubt it will be there long...

Posted Wed 17 Aug 05 @ 3:04 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Jerry, wrong way to ask.
@moderators, delete his post.

Posted Wed 17 Aug 05 @ 4:41 am
What has this got to do with the original post??
Try what Maddsound said.

Posted Wed 17 Aug 05 @ 1:21 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Boagart: have you recentely updated you graphics card drivers?, and what graphics card do you have?.

From what you posted it seems like a graphics related problem, it only makes sense as most of the latest update was a 'video' update.

You could also look in your graphics card settings, and see if you can enable or disable something their..

Get back to us ;).

Posted Wed 17 Aug 05 @ 1:35 pm
Bagpuss,
No I have not updated anything on the system. I really do not know what video card is in the machine. I will have to check. I hope to have time today to check out the system again and run it through it's paces.
Thanks.

Posted Thu 18 Aug 05 @ 1:33 pm
Bagpuss:
Graphics is ATI Radeon Ver 7.3
System seem to be stable once again. Played for a few hours yestarday going from music to karaoke back & forth a few times. Did not miss a beat . (Strange why all the errors when I first updraded to 3.1)
However the screen still goes black, and also have another situation;
Now the blue progress bar does not appear,. It just stopped, but occassionally will appear.

Posted Sat 20 Aug 05 @ 3:30 pm
Ok Bogart, seems like your having fun and games, it sounds like you have identified your graphics card and downloaded the latest drivers?.., so you aren't having so much display errorrs now?.

For the progress bar, I can only think that your files aren't all scanned?, you don't have max load set to "always", or perhaps a memory deficancy?.., get back to us on this before pursueing other avenues.

Their are no known bugs about the progree bar, sounds strange..

Posted Sat 20 Aug 05 @ 4:59 pm
Bagpuss:
I did not update any drivers. The program just stopped with the errors. Weird.
Files I tried to play were analysed previously. I also noticed that on many occassions the load time is anywhere from 45 to 60 seconds. (That's on a 3 min song)
Max load is set to always. I really want to get the progress back and have the screen stop going black.
I have the program on my desktop system and no problems at all there. Desktop is nowhere like the gig box system. I wonder if I should re install the program on the gig box. ONly problem is I don't want to loose anything.

Posted Sun 21 Aug 05 @ 3:28 pm
Update on problem.
With instructions from Jason, found that the "HERTZ" had been changed upon updating to 3.1. Setting was changed and everytrhing seems to be working now. Will do more testing later today.
So far no more going to black screen, progress bar working. That guy is freakin awesome.
Thanks to everyone who assisted as each response was helpful.

Posted Wed 24 Aug 05 @ 1:43 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
In Where? the Hertz changed? I don't see it in the Windows Register of VDJ.
Glad you finally get your system working good!

Posted Wed 24 Aug 05 @ 8:15 pm
Yeah, good news.

Posted Wed 24 Aug 05 @ 8:23 pm
HERTZ is in the display for Monitor.
Went to control panel then display thenscreen settings, advanced then monitor.
There is a refresh setting. For some reason when I updated VDJ the refresh steeing changed to (I believe) 75. Had to change it to 60 and everything works okay.
Didn't get a chance to do a lot of testing yestarday but hopefully today I will get more time.
Again thanks to you guys for the help. I could not have done it by myself.

Posted Thu 25 Aug 05 @ 1:36 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Thanks for the feedback bogart, glad you finally have it working fine.

Posted Thu 25 Aug 05 @ 2:31 pm
You know what ... That was what happened to me as well. After Installing 3.1 it changed my refresh rate. Everytime went to play a video the screen would Black out and then come back on a second later. It was changing the refresh rate back and forth constantly. Very interesting.

Posted Thu 25 Aug 05 @ 6:07 pm
When mine went to black it stayed that way for about 15 to 20 seconds, then the progress bar wasn't working. 15 or 29 seconds isn't long, except when you are in the middle of trying to search or load something. I worked it for about 2 hours yestarday and no glitches.
Check your refresh rate, maybe that is your problem too.

Posted Fri 26 Aug 05 @ 1:21 pm
i downloaded atomix from the web and the system i downloaded it too crashed, how do i get another downloadable copy of the atomix i purchased. I need it desperately.........

Posted Tue 30 Aug 05 @ 9:20 pm
95%