Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Which mixer

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

snuzHome userMember since 2005
Hi!
I’m new to all this dj stuff, but I’m thinking of buying a mixer.
So could you give me some advice about which one to buy?
I’m thinking of buying a Numark 1002x, Behringer VMX100, or maybe Behringer VMX200.

I’m on a tight budget..:)

Posted Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 2:37 pm
djkikePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 3:18 pm
audioPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i posted a similar question in my own thread and never really got an answer. Will ANY dj mixer work with VDJ? Are there ANY technical specifics to look for when purchasing a mixer to use with VDJ? A direct answer would be great..........

Posted Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 10:03 pm
hey, i got the answer :)and any mixer, without usb capabilities, is guarenteed to work (99% sure on that) the usb ones still work(sometimes), but the setup i have heard, is super confusing... hope thats direct enough, if you have any more questions, just post um here, i would be happy to help

Posted Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 10:09 pm
hey snuz, about how much are you willing to spend... and where do u live, and what exactly do you plan to do with the mixer, alot of scratching... everything, just mixing ect.

Posted Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 10:11 pm
ok, i have to go soon, but if your gonna do tons of scratching, and are a good scratcher you will probably need to go with some more expensive products... with a looser crossfader... ect. if you are just starting out, i would probably go with a numark, they will last, the one you are looking at is good, but you dont really need the kill switches, as you can easily assign a keyboard shortcut for that

and the headphone stuff on the bottom is annoying (i find). i fin the numark 1050 a very good beginner, and even good for the ''semi-pro'' dj's, it works well, and the only big difference is the kill switches... i liked it and had a good experience with it, and its quite cheap too...

its on sale here for only 79.00 US, and its an awseoem peice of hardware :

http://pssl.com/bitemdetail.tpl?waGroup1datarq=1050&eqint_KeyIDdata=35479&UID=2005081213043674&newproduct=T&itemNumber=DM1050%2001

well best of luck

--Brennan

Posted Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 10:21 pm
I'm from Slovenia (that's in Europe:). I'm not planning to scratch, but I just need it to help me with mixing.
I’m planning to spend about 100$ maybe a bit more (as I said, I’m on a low budget).

Posted Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 1:36 am
FINALLY! A direct answer, thanks brennan. I spoke with a pssl guy today online and he needed to know technical specifics of what VDJ required before he could direct me to any specific mixer. Im not really looking at doing any scratching, just mixing really.

Posted Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 1:55 am
@ snuz, the - numark dm 1050 should work good, unless your gonna be at like a club everynite, then you might want something higher up...but the dm1050 woks great, and will last. here are some awseome dj stores in the europe...

http://www.rs100.co.uk

http://www.djkit.co.uk

http://www.citydj.co.uk

http://thedjshop.co.uk

@audio are you aking me the technical specifics for virtual dj? or are you aking me what kind of mixer you want? what do you need the mixer for, samll parties, hobby, clubs ect... and about how much are you willing to spend? also the guys at pssl are pretty flexible sometimes, you might be able to get a cheaper price on something or maybe free shipping if you get close to 299 if you are convincing enough... and btw, im sorry... earlier i told you that they had free shipping but they changed it in the last week...

well best of luck to both of you

--Brennan

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry brennan11 no email address is allowed from a demo user

Posted Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 4:53 am
@ lady cameron, - unless you are a computer who automatically detects things... i dont no what you are talking about, but i have not included my email adress anywhere in there...

@ snuz + audio - oh ya, and could you tell me the currency your talking about, because its really throwing me off

Posted Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 4:55 am
I was just wondering if you knew if there were any specific things to look for when looking for a mixer to use with VDJ. I looked through the manual and there wasnt anything in there that said anything about looking for a certain type of mixer. So, that either means they ALL work with VDJ or someone forgot to include that info. But, like i said in my other post, i think im going with the numark dmx06.

Posted Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 5:02 am
i was talking in dollars ($). Yeah that numark sounds good, but i got an offer from a friend who would sell me a vivanco mx660 for a small price - Is this mixer any good?

Posted Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 1:38 pm
@ snuz about the vivanco, i cant find anything about it in english so i cant help you with that, but make sure it has the headphone prelisten feature, trust me that is something you want, i havent even heard about ''vivanco'' before, so i cant even tell you if they are good, and the corssfader looks stiff, but you cant tell much just by looking so, thats about it... tell me what you decide to do

Posted Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 8:51 pm
@ snuz about the vivanco, i cant find anything about it in english so i cant help you with that, but make sure it has the headphone prelisten feature, trust me that is something you want, i havent even heard about ''vivanco'' before, so i cant even tell you if they are good, and the corssfader looks stiff, but you cant tell much just by looking so, thats about it... tell me what you decide to do

Posted Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 8:52 pm
@ audio - all mixers will wokr with virtual dj, as long as thet arent usb mixers, (i beleive i said this earlier, but maybe not) dxm06 is nice, but (personally) its features are not necessary, virtual dj offers the effects, so i dont see why you would need that in your mixer, i like the dxm series, maybe you should look at some other ones in that series and save a bit of money,

the dxm03, is an awseome peice of equipment, unfortuantly they stopped making them, so they are hard to find, but they are still in some stores, the lcd display in this is a very nice touch :)

the dxm01 is the same as the 03, but no lcd (i think thats the only difference)

but if you really want the effects then the dxm 06 is a good choice,

do you have turntables to? or are you planning on getting some?

Posted Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 9:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)