Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Sepia Plugin - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'm having a problem with Kaleo's Sepia plugin... I download it and put it in the video effects folder, but need to add the extention .dll to it, as it doesnt have an extention when i d/l it, however when i load VDJ and go the the settings, i get an error window up saying:

"This application has failed to start because d3dx9_24.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I tried d/ling with firefox firstly, but that didnt work (i get the above results...) nut just tried with internet explorer. this brought the whole filename up when d/led (Sepia PS1[1].4.dll) but i still get the above error :os

Any one else have this problem?

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 9:22 pm
i don't even see the plugin in VDJ after downloading it!

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 10:06 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
pulled!

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 10:11 pm
@ Basic: I know it sounds stupid, but are u d/lin to the VDJ folder or somewhere else on ur HDD?

@Cyder: Pulled??

Btw, it does it with the "Gradient de Roberts" plugin too... :os what am i doing wrong?? I've not had any probs with the other downloadable vid effects, and im using v3.1

I get the error message for each effect that doesnt work... so 2x for the sepia effect and another 2x for the Gradient de Roberts effect. I have to hit ok, 4 times just to get into the video tab in options!

Posted Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 12:30 am
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi,
about d3dx9_24.dll, try to re-install directX9.0c.

After this, if the effect does not appear in the list, this means that your graphic card is not compatible.

Which graphic card have you got?

Posted Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 8:54 am
A new version of sepia is ready.
It uses pixel shader 1.0 instead of 1.4.

I hope this will increase the compatibility (most problems seems to come with Nvidia cards).

Posted Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 10:13 am
Ok, I'll try reinstalling DX9c, and i'll try the newer version of the plugin. I have a ATI 9800

Posted Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 6:38 pm
It must work really fine with an ATI 9800 :)

Posted Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 7:53 pm
:o( couldnt find the dx9c page at microcrap but hadnt really looked too hard, didnt have time. tried d/ling again but still doesnt work. Will keep looking for the dx9c microcrap page and i'll get bk with my results. Hopefully reinstalling dx9c will solve the probs!

Posted Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 9:25 pm
I don't think reinstalling DirectX9 C will work because I had this problem with a game called Singles 2 and the game had a fix on the CD for this.

The fix is called DirectX9C update Feb 2005
I uploaded the 32 bit version here
http://sr2.mytempdir.com/115401
And the 64 bit version here:
http://sr2.mytempdir.com/115408
The game had an installer for this but it never worked for me, so what I did was uncompressing the .cab file and then installing the files, I don't remember if I ran "infinst.exe" or if I rightclicked in the .inf file and then clicked on install...
Try and let me know. :)

Use 32 bit version (x86) for non AMD 64 bit proccessors

Posted Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 12:38 am
It's distrubing you admit to having singles 2

Posted Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 12:55 am
Hahahaha, it's not mine, a friend called me to find out what problem he had with this game, so I tried it and found this problem.

No, I hardly play games.

Posted Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 12:57 am
@AlbertoCastillo: thanks for your help :)

Posted Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 9:47 am
Welcome.. tell me if it works :)

Posted Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 1:59 pm
@ AlbertoCastillo:

I d/loaded the fileand copied the "d3dx9_24.dll" file into the video effects file in VDJ folder, and its worked, Thanks man! :o)

Posted Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 2:23 pm
Glad to help :)

Posted Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 4:00 pm
good :)

Posted Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 5:55 pm
I still don't have those twop effects showing up in my VDJ. They're in the correct folder and I even restarted my computer. Still no luck.

Posted Thu 18 Aug 05 @ 2:38 am
I now that there is something wrong with nvidia but I don't know that by now.
(I don't have nvidia video card to work on)

Did you try the last version of sepia? It only needs pixel shader 1.0

Posted Thu 18 Aug 05 @ 10:57 am
Have u added the ".dll" extention. If u d/l with firefox, u may need to add the ".dll" part.

right click, select "Rename", and then add the ext. onto the end of the name

Posted Thu 18 Aug 05 @ 7:56 pm
91%