Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: CD to MP3 Ripping

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

JonBoyPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I have just purchased VDJ 3.1 and have to say its the business. I was reading the user manual about CD ripping and that it can be done from within VDJ - or did I get this wrong ? If it can, could one of the more experienced users tell me how

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 6:07 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You can rip with rip-vinyl but for CD you'd better use an external software (Try CDex it's free and very useful).

Posted Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 9:53 pm
you can also use this one and it's free at jetaudio.com

Posted Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 11:22 pm
you can right-click on the song on the cd-rom drive in VDJ browser and there's option to rip it.

Posted Tue 16 Aug 05 @ 2:11 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I just do it the way lopez mentioned and it works ok. In your folder directory of VDJ just click My computer and the CD drive and right click to download. Only pain is that it doesn't have the song title so you have to rename later.

Posted Tue 16 Aug 05 @ 3:41 pm
check out: http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/

Free program that works great. Even checks the freedb database for you at the click of a button so you dont have to type in the artist/title/album info.

Killabee44

Posted Wed 17 Aug 05 @ 4:19 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
I Rip my CD's using Realplayer v10. I could rip without problems; change the way to rip in VBR or CBR. I do my rips in 160VBR or 192VBR rates. The songs have a great sound, CD's nearly audible quality. And these songs took less space in hard disk without sacrifice audible great sound.

Posted Wed 17 Aug 05 @ 4:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)