Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ Live Projected Session

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djkikePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi,
has anybody tried to project DVJ screen with projector at a disco club? I'd like to know if it works well, specially showing video mix

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 1:44 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I do that every weekend and it works great!
My only beef is that the ambient visuals take up a bit too much CPU, considering how 2-dimensional they are, so I suggest using an external visual generator (like a separate pc running R4) to be able to cut to when necessary.

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 7:40 pm
djkikePRO InfinityMember since 2004
I use centrino 1.7ghz 1gb ram 80gb HDD, ATI Radeon 9600 64mb....think would it be enough?

Posted Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 1:52 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hard to say without knowing more of the specs and/or trying it. Some systems that otherwise appear to be perfectly capable (EG a Toshiba Satellite 3.2Ghz that I owned for a brief period a couple months back) just don't deliver consistent performance.
If you tweak your settings and get rid of all of the unnecessary background programs, then I think you will probably be OK.
One piece of advice for Centrinos and any other processor that has 'enhancements for mobile computing': go into your power properties and make sure you are setup as a desktop computer rather than a mobile/portable computer. This will allow your processor to run at full speed. The drawback is of course, lower battery life, but you should be plugged in while performing at a gig anyway. To see the speed difference, open the performance tab of Task Manager and watch your CPU usage drop sometimes by half when making that change.

Posted Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 10:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)