Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Computer Help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

cdmixerPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I am getting into computer dj'ing and am trying to decide the best route cost wise and product wise. I am hoping cyder can give some advise I like his new setup but would kind of need a parts list so my friend can build one. I am looking for someone to give me help on picking the best componants so I can build my own rack mount case. I mainly do music but want to get into video at some point later. So could anybody help me pick out the best componants for my rackmount. I will be using Virtual DJ... I will have a friend who builds computers help me put it togeather. I also ran into Dells website and they have the 5100c desktop which is much smaller then regular desktops it has Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with Hyper-Threading Technology - 5x1 Sequence, up to 541 (3.20GHz, 800MHz FSB, 1 MB Cache)Intel® Pentium® D Processor with Dual Core Technology - 800 Sequence - up to 830 (3.0GHz, 800MHz FSB, 2 MB Cache) Intel® 945G Express chipset then I could add 1GB ram, and a 160 internal harddrive and a 300 GB external harddrive + a 17" LED monitor, wireless keybrd and mouse all for about 1400.00 anyone think I am better off with this ...Thanks

Posted Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 9:04 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
AMD!!!!64

forget intel and their overpriced crap. I would high suggest not buying anything from dell. Build it yourself. I will help you get the parts. First thing to do is to get yourself a copy of the best dj software which is just happens to be sold on this website :) Then look for anything with an nforce4 chipset (like a rock) Then a kick ass video card 6600gt or 6800gt then a gig of ram pc3200 will do.

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 12:40 am
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Everybody!!!

Go Cyder! Go Cyder! Go Cyder!!!

LOL

:o)

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 2:20 am
lol, you no a bunch about computers dont u cyder, so, here comes my computer question... wat do i need for mixing video, without any problems... i was thinking about the alienware aoura custom made, with 4 GB ram, 250 GB hardrive, pentium xeon, and the best soundcard they supply, and im not sure what kind of graphics card, is the ram maybe too much, is it possibly pointless??? what do u think

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 5:55 am
Newer the better. 128 GPU RAM is "ok", 256 GPU RAM also ok. 6600gt has been recommended before. Lots of system RAM is important, but 4GB of RAM is not nescessary. There isn't any program that needs _that_ much RAM.. 1-2 GB should work just fine. I would go with AMD 64 aswell. XEON is dedicated to servers, and are quite expensive. Soundcard: depends on what your purpose of VDJ is. If you want to use timecoded, i'd choose Maya 44.

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 3:35 pm
i already got a soundcard.. the delta 44,

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 9:10 pm
waxxPRO InfinityMember since 2005
i have a Audiophile 192 sound card and i'm trying to hook up my dj equipment where my music from pc plays through my external mixer (behringer) will this sound card work. If it will could you please explain how to hook up Thanks dj waxx

Posted Sun 14 Aug 05 @ 3:38 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)