Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Problems with VDJ internal video decoder

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

The internal video decoder does not work correctly on a Sony VAIO laptop with Geforce Go 6200 video card.

The video plays for about 1 sec and then freezes. However, VDJ doesn't crash - The audio continues playing normally. Everything works fine if the decoder for mpg, etc. is changed to the Windows Media Player video decoder.

Posted Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 12:46 pm
jchiarPRO InfinityMember since 2005
ditto that for a ati radeon xpress 200m, except it crashes

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 5:34 pm
How are your files ripped? VP6 is not supported by VDJ's internal decoder, hence why it works with Media Player.

They're working on the problem to increase compatability.

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 8:40 pm
They are mainly MPEG2 and DivX

DivX doesn't work at all (Probably not supported yet?)

The MPEG2 plays, but the video freezes after 1 second of playback (Audio continues playing normally.) If I pause and then unpause it, it starts working again, but only for a second or so before freezing again.

Everything works fine using the Windows Media Player video decoder.

Posted Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 2:08 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Sorry, divx works very well !!!

Posted Sun 14 Aug 05 @ 4:32 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Yes I use DivX6 and works just fine (and files are very compact too, 36MB for full DVD videoclip (720x480 orginaly 247MB) of 4 min. 19 secs.) and use MPEG-2 and MPEG-1 too.

Your problem maybe associated to the version of your video drivers.

Posted Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 5:26 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have to agree that the internal video decoder does work well for me (.vob or MPEG2)
Only problem is that if a video does not start with a black screen, then the first frame appears to only be half drawn (upper half) and then the next second or two of frames have many artifacts. This is particularly annoying if you plan to loop the beginning beats of a video to mix in or scratch. For this reason, i use the external decoders until that is worked out.

See : http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/40359/Bugs_report/MPEG2_internal_decoder_bug.html

Posted Mon 22 Aug 05 @ 6:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)