Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Set up virtual DJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

(I did do a search and cannot find this info. Maybe I'm using the wrong terminology)

I am not a customer "yet". But, during set up are you able to choose what (and in what order) displays on each heading? (Not in your directories, but in the audio files directory - middle panel, and in the playlist panel). I'd like to have Title/Author/BPM and Genre. Are you able to allow Genre?

I am a mobil DJ and go from Pop, to slow, to salsa, to merengue, to ballroom.... and need to be able to work it!

Sue the DJ

Posted Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 7:55 pm
you are not able to sort/dipslay by genre.
For most cases many of use use different direcotries for each genre.

You can search all files thru the "database" option on the left
or search the specific folder(s) when you click on it on the left.

Posted Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 8:46 pm
Do you think this is something that "could" be added within Virtual DJ? Or should?

Posted Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 12:44 am
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I dont think it'd be needed by the majority of users, as almost all users have their files organised methodically, which is good for them. U can always set folders as favourites, or add comments in the (ahem) comments field, saying which genre it is. Alternatively (and much more simply) just type in the genre you want in the database search field...

Hope to see you as a full user soon
:o)

Posted Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 1:09 am
When you originally set up your Virtual DJ software, do you have options of what catagories to place in column 2 and 3? (middle and right).

Posted Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 1:10 am
There's a hidden registry tweak that allows you to set the first collumn,

look for mycomputer\\localmachine\\software\\virtualdj\\ColumnOrder

Posted Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 10:23 am
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
or go to start - run - type regedit - click on ColumnOrder and set this to 1.
0 = title artist
1 = artist title

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 8:19 am
YOU SAID:
You can search all files thru the "database" option on the left
or search the specific folder(s) when you click on it on the left.

I'm trying out someone else's Virtual DJ. Is this option "search database" only on the advanced version?

Posted Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 9:32 am
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The first time you open VDJ and go into the Database option on the left, the system will ask you if you want to search your hard drive and then gives you various options on the type of search you can do, e.g. search only mp3's, perform analysis on each search etc.

However, it is not absolutely necessary to search your hard drive. For example, i have set my 'root foler' to my music drive, which means all i have to do is select my music from there. The problem is that when you ask VDJ to search your hard drive for all music files, it will cough up ALL your sound files...you know, system sounds, mp3's...the lot!!!

Example: my music drive is D:\Music. So, on VDJ, on the left hand side, i go into Desktop\My Computer\D:\Music and then while that path is highlighted, i click on the red folder with the tick at the top right of the column that i'm in. That sets my music drive as my root folder. Then, when i click on 'Music' at the bottom of the folder list in the column, all of my music appears in the main section of the window...and i select my tracks from there...:o) Then it's just a job of analysing it...

Good luck...i hope you get your problems sorted out soon.

Cheers...and keep spinnin'

P :o)

Posted Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 2:00 pm
Pionara:
Your mp3database.txt file contains all the searched results. Clear out the lines of audio sources you don't want to be accessible in VDJ.

Posted Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 4:24 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Ahhh...never thought of that...:o)

It doesn't bother me anyway, cos i didn't use VDJ to search my hdd for music...i already knew where it all was...but i'll keep it in mind for future use...

Cheers

P

Posted Sun 14 Aug 05 @ 10:44 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)