Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NUMARK CM200USB DJ Mixer

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have recently purchased the above mixer!!

Using VDJ with my laptop.

it works brilliant as I also use 2 dual cd players and Turntables sometimes so can use all!!

Would highly recomend this mixer

Hope this helps

Posted Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 2:26 pm
audioPRO InfinityMember since 2004
yikes! that thing is huge.

Posted Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 3:33 pm
?? Huge?? 19" rackmountable width, 7" deep (width) 4" high. It is perfect for use in a rackmount case. I've ordered the same mixer aswell. It is perfect because it is not so deep compared to other. However, we all have different demands. :)

Posted Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 4:43 pm
I have been using that exact same mixer for 6-7 weeks and I got to admit that for less than $200, it is great. As for it being "huge", then I guess you've never seen 19' rackmountable gear before... Only things I miss are EQ kill buttons, talkover automatic compression and maybe, in rare instances, sound FX like on the DXM06... But then again for that price, might be asking a bit too much...

Posted Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 6:47 pm
idj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2004
So let me get this straight...

This mixer will connect to your PC via USB.
It has sound cards built in, so eliminates the need for dual cards inside the PC?
You can control VDJ functions using the mixer?

Can someone tell me the benefits of having a USB mixer with Virtual DJ?

Posted Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 11:21 pm
As you said, USB eliminates the need for sound cards. But you can't control VDJ with the mixer, you would need a midi mixer for that. The day they come up with a 19' rackmountable USB/Midi mixer, we can mix videos also...

Posted Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 9:20 am
So, VDJ/PC connects to mixer via USB, then mixer connects via standard XLR (or rca or jack) output to your mixer? And you can record your mixes on VDJ itself back through that same USB lead, right?

This is wierd.... I've been DJing for nearly 20 years, using real mixers AND computers for who knows how long, and I feel like it's Day One all over again.

Posted Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 12:00 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Remember this Numark mixer is not popular amoungst digital DJ's, few use it, and it is only a mixer with an onboard soundcard, it is not really the kind of thing you might believe it to be..

Look at this new product: Allen & Heath controller/mixer:
http://www.djdeals.com/allenheathXONE3D.htm

it's expensive but more what we should looking at, on the other hand their is alot of stuff in the pipline, and a bright future here, all the major manufactures are involved in at least some way..

Posted Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 12:12 pm
Think it is becoming a debate whether you want all-in-one-like system or if you want seperate units. It is a matter of taste, a matter of convenience etc etc. It looks nice though, but I choose the Numark mixer mainly of it's size and not so much of the built-in soundcard.

Posted Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 10:50 pm
I'm not looking for a debate, sorry if I'm starting one. This is just education for me!

So, apart from the sound cards, the USB feature has no other use? If I want to control audio AND video, I need either a midi mixer (like the Allen and heath unit, BCD2000, etc) or an actual video mixer with a normal DJ mixer for the audio...

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 2:43 am
Yes. That is correct.

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 3:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)