Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Advice - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

audioPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I posted this question some time ago. Unfortunantly I lost the links that several members suggested so here i am asking the same question again. Sorry for my redunancey, lol.

Anyway, I was wondering if some of you could direct me to any sites that offer dj equipment, such as mixers and beat machines, etc. Someone once gave me a really great link and, like i said, i must have deleted the bookmark on accident or something. Thanks!

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 5:29 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
If you are from Europe, take a look at www.thomann.de
They have very good prices.

Dj Nikki

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 6:50 pm
Unfortunantly, no, im not from Europe. But thanks for the link. I think i remember reading something about behringer being a good brand. This gives me something to look through at least. Thanks again!

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 6:58 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 9:18 pm
WoW! Thanks alot. You euro guys sure do have alot of great sites for djing equipment. Thanks again!

Posted Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 5:33 am
Ok, i think ive narrowed it down to 3 different mixer brands. Numark, behringer, and vestax. Which one is a better choice though? Ive been reading really bad things about behringer stuff. I plan on using it in conjunction with VDJ of course so I guess compatability with my PC would be a must. I use a dual sound card setup (one is an onboard and the other one is a sound blaster audigy 2 zs).

Can anyone recommend anything?

Posted Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 5:53 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
if you've got the money go with vestax

Posted Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 6:23 am
And why is that? Better quality? Better performance? Better sound? Why?

Also, if i were to go with vestax, which model would you recommend?

Posted Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 6:30 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
all of the above, there about the best quality mixers avaliable and will last you for ever. pick one that suits your needs (2, 3, 4 channel), i'd stay away from the rotary mixers dont particually like them. goto http://www.vestax.com/v/index.html and check some out.
i'd recommend the pmc-007, pmc-07 pro, PMC- 05 Pro SL, and the PMC- 05 Pro 3.

if you've really got the money to spend i'd highly recommend one of these, VMC-180, PCV - 275, PCV - 180

check out the site and see what suits you best

Posted Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 7:06 am
I found a great deal on a vmc-002. The only thing i dont like, is i dont see a kill for the low, mid, or high. Would the vmc-002 work well with vdj? Or would the vmc-180 be a better bet? I like the way the vmc's are setup as opposed to the pcv series. I really like the pmc-007 but i think that one was a bit pricey.

Posted Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 7:24 am
ooh, i no soem awseome ones, pssl.com is my personal favorite, free shipping to us, and beat any price, of any authorized internet retailer, and there support is so awseome, that my favorite one, where are you from?? then i can find you a better one, maybe

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 5:39 am
and what are you planning on doing with your mixer, that will help me see what you need

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 5:42 am
and if you go with the pssl.com guys can you tell me here first, because then you can tell them you reffered me, and we will both get money off :)

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 5:43 am
ya, 25.00 each, thats pretty good...

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 5:45 am
LoL, you probabley should have just edited your first post instead of making 4 different posts....lol.

I plan on using the mixer to mix with vdj. Oh and i live in Omaha Nebraska.

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 8:52 am
North american continent... I've had good luck with www.djdeals.com...

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 6:57 pm
ya, i cant edit my posts, until i buy the program :p, and ya, check out pssl.com they have awseome live chat support, u can just go ask them w/e you want,

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 7:24 pm
and the djdeals.com arent authorized internet retaillers, which means that you dont get a warrenty from the manufactur

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 7:28 pm
Yeah, i checked out pssl.com and that was the very same site i was trying to find again. Theyve got great deals. So i should just ask them which mixer to go with then? You think they'll know about vdj though?They have 2 really sweet vestax mixers on there for pretty cheap. I just dont want to buy a mixer and then have it, either not work with vdj, or be a peice of junk.

Posted Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 1:41 am
what two are you looking at, i think any mixer will work aslong as it doesnt have the usb thing, i heard that the usb thing doeasnt work so well, and i dont think they will be crap what ones are you looking at?

Posted Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 2:31 am
80%