Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Some news about the Behringer B-Control DJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi everyone,

Just thought I gave you some news about the Behringer B-Control DJ BDC2000.

I got in contact with the guys from the DJ shop where I first saw some advertising about the B-Control DJ. As of august 5th, 2005, I was told the following things:

- The machine is not yet available due to stability issues with the midi (and other miscellaneous) drivers.
- There is still no official launch date (This means that "available 3rd quarter 2005" might be a bunch of crap.)
- As soon as the product is launched, it will be available for purchase in select stores, in Canada, USA, most of Europe, and several other countries.

That's all the news for now...

Internodal.

Posted Sat 06 Aug 05 @ 6:33 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Seems Hercules DJconsole MK2 will be available before the behringer B-Control DJ!

Posted Sat 06 Aug 05 @ 12:49 pm
Geez, it's taking forever to come out.

By the way, do you know if it will have touch sensitive jog wheels?

Posted Sat 06 Aug 05 @ 7:11 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
they must of picked up that habbit from numark....

Posted Sat 06 Aug 05 @ 8:17 pm
Peter_neo ,

Reading the technical sheet on the Behringer website, I see nothing which would indicate the presence of touch-sensitive jog wheels, nor has it been mentionned to me by anyone at the local DJ shop.

Looking at the different pictures, my guess is that the wheels are also much smaller than those of the XP10 (Approx. Diameter of the B-Control's wheel: 3 inches, versus 4.5 inches for the XP10). There also is no data about the type of wheel (free-spinning or rotary switch).

One thing is great, though: The scratch function is available at the push of a button, and there is a nice led indicator on the button which shows whether the scratch mode is on or off.

You may certainly have your questions answered by Behringer themselves.

Internodal.

Posted Sat 06 Aug 05 @ 9:42 pm
It would make sense, however, that the jog wheels are free-spinning dials on the B-Control.

Internodal.

Posted Sat 06 Aug 05 @ 9:46 pm
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'd be seriously tempted if the dials were touch sensitive. I wish the touch sensitive platter of the XP10a was available on my herc console. That'd be pretty cool, tho im sure the price'd go up...

Still, I hope they are touch sensitive on the new Behringer

Posted Sun 07 Aug 05 @ 12:00 am
Nebula ,

I'm pretty sure the jog wheels are NOT touch-sensitive.

They look a lot like the free-spinning dials on a CDN-88, an American DJ PROmix, or a DAC-3, to name only a few.

Internodal.

Posted Sun 07 Aug 05 @ 2:50 am
Internodal,

Thxs man.

I think I'll still get it, but I would really love if it had rotary switches and touch sensitive jog wheels.

Oh well.

Posted Sun 07 Aug 05 @ 8:08 am
there is a new controller out by PCDJ it looks very good abut the new Hercules DJconsole MK2 where can i get more info on this ?

Posted Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 5:24 pm
Does anyone know where I could suggest Behringer to add touch sensitive and a spinning platter?

Everyone should join in!

Posted Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 6:32 am
djkikePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey phil, can you post a link for this new controller? i want to change my hercules djc and looking for the best option

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 12:35 pm
afaik the behringer unit is about 4 times the size of the XP10, that would make me guess the wheel is about the same size..

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 1:33 pm
go to PCDJ.COM it's $499.00

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 7:21 pm
sh3pHome userMember since 2005
My Australian dj shop spoke to a Behringer rep yesterday who said it would be here in approx 3 months. Who knows if thats correct!!

Posted Thu 22 Sep 05 @ 3:36 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Behringer has posponed 2 times now. First in April, then in September and Now in December... is hard to say if this will be the final date...

Posted Thu 22 Sep 05 @ 4:41 am
They don't have a date anymore . The site justs says to be announced . They have been stalling and got caught . They won't anymore because they have alot of dealers mad at them right now. I bet they are really in a hurry to make it happen this time or suffer a lash back for angry dealers.

Posted Sun 25 Sep 05 @ 7:58 am
They may even loose a few customers to the DAC-3, and I just might be one of them...

I just tried a Numark CM200 mixer yesterday at a gig. And the new version of that mixer (with dual USB sound cards) would go hand-in-hand with a DAC-3.

I'm still going to wait and give the Behringer a try when it's available. But, how long will I extend my patience? That remains to be seen...

Internodal.

Posted Mon 26 Sep 05 @ 7:21 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)