Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Connecting mixer to computer

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I really need help with this. I have my 2 soundcards, and my atompic mixer. I set up atomix to route deck 1 and deck 2 to their respective soundcards. This is where I am stuck. For both soundcards I have the line in/out RCA plugins.

Now for the question:

How do I hook up the mixer to the 2 soundcards. Like do I just hook up the 2 channels or do I have to hook the rca cables up to some amp source? Or does it just use the computer speakers?

Posted Wed 06 Jul 05 @ 1:03 am
How do I hook up the mixer to the 2 soundcards. Like do I just hook up the 2 channels or do I have to hook the rca cables up to some amp source? Or does it just use the computer speaker

Does your mixer have a built in pre-amp to change the amplified signal from the computer to a passive one?

Is the mixer a stereo mixer?

Once hooked into the mixer you should have an output source of some type.

This output source may consist of two, four or even eight or more output plugs depending upon the size of your mixer.

Regardless, I think for what you want to do you need to use
only one output. Each output consists of a right and left plug(white and red) if the mixer is a stereo mixer.

If you have two mono amps of the same make and power you can use them to boost each side of the stereo effect, right and left.

If you have a stereo amp then you will plug the out put cords from your mixer into the input plugs of your stereo amp.

Put the volume control of the amp(s) at max and control the volume from your mixer.

You should also have a master volume control on your mixer. This volume control should never be set to more than 75% of the max. By setting the master this way it will help protect against power surges.

When i mix i do not use the auto-mix but prefer to fade the new tune into the one playing, let it play mixed for a bit then fade the old tune out.

Leaving the auto-mix in the center provides a bit more security against power surges.

My final suggestion is to pay for the program and join an elite class of DJs the world over.

Posted Thu 07 Jul 05 @ 9:48 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)