Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Playing Downloaded Music

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Can music legally downloaded from, say Napster or iTunes be played on my atomixmp3 player?

Posted Tue 28 Jun 05 @ 5:50 am
The legal side of playing files you have downloaded is up to you to decide. If you have downloaded off a peer to peer program, again, the legal side of it is up to you to decide. Atomix can and will play any type of mp3, wav or wmp file.

Posted Wed 29 Jun 05 @ 5:02 am
When I drag a song I downloaded from Napster, iTunes, or MSN Music to either "platter", the author, and title come up, but the infos says: "Impossible to open the file" and the song will not play. Am I doing something wrong, are these songs protected in some way? What, if anything, can I do to correct this? THANKS!!

Posted Thu 28 Jul 05 @ 8:01 pm
Go to the folder where you store your music. Make sure the tunes are in mp3 format. If they are not in mp3 format you will need to convert them over. A very good converting program is dbPoweramp. Its free. "Google it" ( do a google search ) and you will find it no problem.
If the files are already in an mp3 format, then right click on them and scroll down to properties. Make sure the "read only" box is NOT checked.
Thats all I can think of.
Hope this helps.

Posted Sun 31 Jul 05 @ 11:27 am
Hi guys!!! Thanks for the tip about the Poweramp. It's helpfull anyway... Regarding to MSN music file to download, it didn't work. It's just because they "DRM" Protected Audio, so you can't convert them. If anyone could help??? Thanks in advance.

Posted Tue 23 Aug 05 @ 12:41 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The only way to play DRM protected files is to first burn to CD and then rip back to VDJ as an MP3. There is a software program out there if you search hymn project but it didn't work for me.

Posted Tue 23 Aug 05 @ 3:25 pm
How about an external decoder in VDJ that will play these drm files?

Posted Tue 23 Aug 05 @ 5:14 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
to get the rights to decompress drm files, you need a license and this license costs alot, so why would vdj pay for this sort of "music emprisonement". Let's stay free of use please with mp3 and ogg!

Posted Tue 23 Aug 05 @ 10:53 pm
djdocotHome userMember since 2005
"DB PowerAmp" Still Can Not convert a wma file from "Napster" Is there Any Other way or mabey some kind of a naster file patch Thank you!!!!!

Posted Thu 01 Sep 05 @ 12:51 am
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'm sure you could bypass it thru the registry files, but thats for you to try/risk. Can't you burn them as a CD file (like djej suggested), then you have a backup in case your HDD fail you?

Posted Thu 01 Sep 05 @ 1:38 am
DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Not sure if this the case in this matter, but maybe one of the DRM restrictions is CD-burning, like they have on the .wma's downloaded on Yahoo music. Of course, I swiftly ended that subscription. lol

Posted Thu 01 Sep 05 @ 5:11 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)