Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Screen Flashing

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When I run Atomix MP3 in full screen mode (maximized) about every 10 or 15 minutes the screen will flash once or twice and then go back to normal. It does not effect the playing of music but is annoying and makes me nervous. Does this have something to do with the screen saver?

Whats the deal? Any help appreciated..

Vin

Posted Fri 13 May 05 @ 1:29 pm
jokoHome userMember since 2004
Vinny,

I've seen your question posted a few times now and you seem to be getting nowhere...maybe this will help...

First, know that...depending on which skin you are using, every time you open Atomix, it's automatically changing your display's screen resolution. When you close Atomix, the resolution changes back to the settings set in Windows. First, check the skin's resolution settings. It'll probably be 800 x 600, or 1024 x 768. Once you know what it is, remember that it's going to change your Windows Display Settings (Screen Resoltion) automatically once you open Atomix. Try changing your Windows display settings to the resolution that matches your skin. That way, Atomix won't have to switch the setting every time you open it up, and shouldn't flash the screen at all. That "flash" is the display settings being changed.

It sounds like Atomix is changing the resolution OK, but then Windows is somehow trying to switch it back after 15 mins or so. Not sure what setting is causing that, but check out all your display settings. Right-click some blank spot on your desktop, then go down "Properties". Click on the "Settings" tab and there's where you can change the Windows screen resolution to match the required Atomix skin resolution. Then go to the "Advanced" tab and you'll probably get a whole slew of other tabs, depending on what software is installed for your display adapter. Check all the tabs and see what you can find.

Also, I think there are required "Color Quality" settings for different skins. Try changing the color settings to 256-colors, Medium 16-bit, or High 24-bit and see if one of those won't resolve your issue, if the screen resolution doesn't fix the problem first.

A big BIG thing (and I keep saying this in posts) is to make sure you have the latest driver for your display adapter and your soundcard (you can update it via the Device Manager).

If you already knew and tried all this, sorry for the useless info. Not sure how familiar you may or may not be with these settings.

Good luck...and hope it helps!

Posted Sat 30 Jul 05 @ 5:56 am
Well said joko

Posted Sun 31 Jul 05 @ 11:29 am
who cares, its a little flash every now and then,

Posted Sat 06 Aug 05 @ 6:03 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)