Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Windows Media Player 10 - Atomix - Problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

After I upgraded the Windows Media Player for the newest version 10, I canĀ“t play the songs that were recoreded into my library with the Atomix. It appears the following message: " Impossible to open the file". What Can I do to fix this problem?

Posted Sun 16 Jan 05 @ 12:23 pm
so what was the answer to this problem?

Charlie

Posted Fri 08 Apr 05 @ 9:24 pm
Hello Gents,

I recently had the same problem. I unwittingly updated my media player before pakcing up for a gig. When I got to the gig...no music. I've researched the solution to the problem. It is as follows.

1) The current versions of Atomix MP3 are only compatible with Media Player 9. However you cannot simply uninstall media player 10, and revert to Media player 9. You must either run system restore (if you have xp), or follow the instructions on this webpage (www.auditmypc.com/uninstall-media-player10beta.asp) to force an uninstall.

2) Any music that you ripped while using media player 10 is automatically copy protected. If you keep 10 as your media player, turn this off in the options file under the toolbar to save future rips without this annoyance. Additionally, if you run any media player after media player number 7, it is a good idea to go to www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/drm/pluwiz.aspx and download the personal liscense update wizard to remove this liscense lock on all of your existing media. This must be done for all of your media once media player 10 has been installed.

Good luck

Posted Thu 21 Apr 05 @ 6:48 am
After a bit more research I've found out that even if you run the personal liscense updater, and removed media player 10, all files ripped with copy protection on, need to be re-ripped with copy protection off. Sorry if I mislead you in the previous posting.

Posted Thu 21 Apr 05 @ 7:14 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)