Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: mp3pro format support

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

pyro42Home userMember since 2004
hello, is there anyway to get mp3pro files to decode as mp3pro files instead of just half frequency mp3 files? I've got the encode and decode codecs for mp3pro is there a plugin or a directory i can add that will enable me to use them?

also, the beat matching doesn't work for crap on my laptop lol, but thats no suprise really, so I'm not worried about that, it works great at home on my PC

Posted Sun 21 Mar 04 @ 3:43 am
and yes, i do realize i could just transcode them back to standard mp3 and use them, but with the majority of my mp3 collection being mp3PRO, thats a bit of a hassle

Posted Mon 22 Mar 04 @ 6:58 am
wow.. zero customer support..

impressive

Posted Tue 13 Apr 04 @ 5:36 pm
If you have no answer it's because Atomixmp3 don't support mp3pro format.

Posted Tue 13 Apr 04 @ 7:59 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
mp3 pro is a more lossy format than mp3 at any bitrate. each time you re-encode it will loose a bit more. I think the basic recomendation for mp3's is don't use mp3pro, but if you have a song that is of mp3pro format, re-encoding it to mp3 will not improve how it sounds.

Posted Wed 14 Apr 04 @ 3:15 pm
coyote dj: i asked if there was any way to get it to support mp3pro, if there is not a way, i would expect an answer of "no, there isn't" or at least "i'm not sure, but i don't think so." To me, not answering the question, does not imply any answer.

DJ Rick: i'm not sure what you mean by mp3PRO being a more lossy format. but i'm not sure it matters because i am not re-encodeing my mp3s to mp3PRO (with the exception of a few downloaded mp3s). instead i am ripping from my audio cd's to mp3PRO (96kps vbr mp3PRO), which is compairable to slightly under a 192kps standard mp3

Posted Fri 30 Apr 04 @ 10:36 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
MP3 pro will provide you with a less quality sound. If you are going to spend time encoding, encode to mp3 format.
Atomixmp3 does not support mp3 pro, and as far as I know, there are no plans to support mp3 pro.

Posted Wed 05 May 04 @ 8:26 pm
96kps for playback?......wow....i have learned a lot from reading these forums and 192 is probably the best all around kps for what we want to do with the tunes we have....as far as 96kps being ok.........thats poor quality A.M. sound ...128 is F.M and 160 is C.D. quality (i think) so if all kps is set at 192 we will have a good sound. i KNOW anything above 192 is studio quality and we do not need to go that high for what we want to use mp3s for.if you are worried about space....an 80 gig hard drive will hold over 11,000 mp3s no problem at all......and ALL of them can be@192 kps...if i am wrong on this i sure would like to know......thanks

Posted Sat 22 May 04 @ 7:06 am
also about the beat matching not working on your lap top...here is a fix for that...take ALL the tunes you have on your lap-top and run them through atomix...put them all in the play list section and hit auto mix....then go away for a day or so and they will beat match no problem...they have to play at least 2 minutes into the song before atomix will read the beat......once it has been read it will continue to do so in the future right from the start of the tune...if you have over 11,000 tunes it will take 24/7 for 10 weeks....but in the long run it is worth it

Posted Sat 22 May 04 @ 7:15 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)