Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Sound is Skipping

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

abqdorHome userMember since 2002
In tryng to compile a .wav CD from mp3 files, the tunes are jumping ahead in small increments. I don't hear this during the record process, it is only after transfer to CD. For example, after mixing about 59 minutes of music (as indicated on the skins timer), the total time turned out to be 46 minutes. When I transferred the file to the CD and play it back, there are little skip forward glitches in the playback. Never had this problem before. I have a full version of Atomix. The only things that are different on the computer are updating to the newest version of Atomix, a new hard drive, and going from Windows ME to XP. Anyone have any ideas?

Posted Wed 11 Feb 04 @ 9:27 pm
I get that at times as well. When hearing it through my headphones, I get no skips but when I record them, I get periodic skips and I am wondering what's going on. BTW, I am on Win2000 Pro.

Posted Sun 15 Feb 04 @ 3:43 am
abqdorHome userMember since 2002
Checked with one of my computer geek friends and he told me to turn off my anti-virus (Symantec) that runs in the background. Did this and 60 minutes worth of record turned in to 55 minutes (skip was only 5 minutes) still very noticeable. But before doing this the skip was 15 minutes in 60. Called him again and he told me to go into start-up and close all of the Windows XP files, except Explorer. This resulted in less than 2 seconds of skip in 60 minutes. So I guess the answer is to run as little as possible in the background when using Atomix. After I finished building the mix, I turned Symantec back on and left XP start-ups off.
Skipping comes from the processor trying to do too many things at the same time. Hope this helps.

Posted Wed 18 Feb 04 @ 4:20 am
Bsl16f6Home userMember since 2002
I used to get this all the time when i first got atomix

go to your audio properties in the control panel, then go to hardware acceleration and decrease the setting until the skipping stops.

that should work as everything else i was being told didnt until i did that.

Posted Tue 24 Feb 04 @ 8:12 pm
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
go to www.virtualdj.com and in the technical support forum there is a post about skipping

Posted Sat 28 Feb 04 @ 3:20 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)