Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: fail while scanning mp3 directories

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jsaudioHome userMember since 2004
Hello,
I'm a current registered user of atomixmp3 and considering upgrading to VDJ. I downloaded the demo version to see what the differences are and here is what I ran into:
First, here is my computer config: P4 3.0 HT running on an Intel 865 mobo; 1 gig Kingston HyperX RAM, twin SATA 250 Western Digital HDD's; SoundBlaster Audigy 2ZS Pro Platinum, ATI Radeon 9800XT w/ 256mb RAM. Approx 45,000 mp3 songs on the drives.
My ATOmixMP3 software runs perfectly on this machine. I use it every weekend. I'm primarily a wedding DJ.
Now for the problem. When I loaded the demo 1.08 and told it to scan the drives, it crashes the program shortly after it starts scanning. I get a message asking me if I want the program to recover or close and it never finishes scanning. I don't have this problem with atomix just VJ. So, what's the solution? I certainly am not going to upgrade if I can't scan my files... Please give me some info.
Thanks,
Joe
A very satisfied customer.

Posted Sat 28 Feb 04 @ 6:25 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Try to not scan the drive the contains windows.

Posted Sat 28 Feb 04 @ 6:18 pm
I didn't scan the HDD with windows on it.
The twin 250's are partitioned as follows:
HDD1 - Partition1 20GB for system
HDD1 - Partition2 3GB for System Page File
HDD1 - Partition3 210GB for Storage

HDD2 - Partition1 250GB for Storage

Remember, my copy of ATOmixMP3 has no problems scanning HDD's but the demo of VJ does.

I want to support the software and purchase the upgrade but it seems to have some bugs that need to be worked out first. Of course I can't upgrade if it can't read my libraries.
Please help.
Thanks,
Joe

Posted Sun 29 Feb 04 @ 6:59 pm
It seem it’s a title of song problem (your system crash always at the same time/directory?)

With the new scan engine, VDJ don’t read the file with a too long name (Ex: The name – Artistandsomeinfoyoucanneedbutnotnecessarytohave.mp3)

If the name of the songs are too long, VDJ crash

Hope this help

Coyote

Posted Sun 29 Feb 04 @ 7:35 pm
I just read your post.
It is possible that I have a long name. I'll have to check. It does seem to crash at about the same time into the process. I've tried it three or four times.
What is the character limit for file names?
Thanks,
Joe

Posted Tue 02 Mar 04 @ 2:52 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
May a special caracter crash VDJ too?

Posted Tue 02 Mar 04 @ 10:21 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
it is ok to have long file names. Try to identify what directory VDJ is scanning when it fails.
do a windows scan disc on that drive. It may be encountering corrupt files which are causing it to crash, or don't include that drive in the scan.

Posted Tue 02 Mar 04 @ 1:04 pm
DJ Rick,
I'll try to identify tonight,
I'll let you know.
Thanks,
Joe

Posted Wed 03 Mar 04 @ 3:17 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)