Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Hard Drive Search

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all.
I would like to know how to refresh the "searched files". I changed the folder with all my songs to another drive, and rescanned that new drive, which then correctly brought up all the newly shifted files.
However it has kept in memory all the odd asorted mp3 files from off my previous drive which i dont want displayed in the search window, plus it has kept some of the false paths to the old locations. These now come up in the search as "CD1", and will not play of course, telling me to insert CD1. There has never been a CD1 with songs in my drive.
Soooo...
The long and short. Can I refresh the "history" of the previous outdated search results so it no longer includes all the false data?

Posted Thu 28 Aug 03 @ 2:43 pm
Ok well team I found out for meself so Ill share the news of course. Dead easy, as usual.

Go to the install folder and delete "mp3database.txt"
Next search creates a new one.

Clear as mud?

Damn. Happy surfing!

Posted Thu 28 Aug 03 @ 3:02 pm
Ok well Im having fun with my own little thread arent I?

So I was thinking in the shower this morning, why not have a button that does exactly this for the user, ie have an "Erase Current Databse" on the search screen, which deletes that file. Im not a programmer, but that sounds blooming easy.

Next version chaps? Whadya think?

Posted Fri 29 Aug 03 @ 1:02 am
what do i think?.........lol....i think you really are having fun with this thread...now to the wondering.....when are you going to upgrade to full version and join this amazing group of people?...The Fellowship of The Rave Masters...yeah....thats a good name.....LOL

Posted Fri 29 Aug 03 @ 11:56 am
thanx dude!

Well yeah im new to the mp3 scene really. Done all of my work on cd decks and mixer in the past. Just investigating this prog and so far its certainly looking like the bees knees! Ripping all my cd's is killing me tho.
Kinda wondering about the idea of lugging my precious video editing suite deskyop around with me tho, so im now considering the notebook route... I see theres a few posts on this topic so im off for a read...

:)

Posted Fri 29 Aug 03 @ 3:09 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I've been djing for about 15 years now. It took a while to make the switch from Vinyl to CD... Then when this method became a realistic option, I started encoding 13 years worth of DJ archives. It took about 15 months to get my entire archives encoded. It was a huge task, but now that it's done, it's done forever. (I have 3 back-up hard drives. 1 in my desktop, one external firewire drive that I use for work, and a complete duplicate that I store at my brothers house.)

15 months worth of effort would be a hard loss. KEEP A BACKUP!
good luck man!

Posted Fri 29 Aug 03 @ 4:52 pm
sheesh you must have a lot of songs. Im only about half way through encoding and im up to 10gigs, or about 1900 songs, and its taken a couple of weeks.

Posted Sun 31 Aug 03 @ 5:10 am
Hey there Faster Boy....you said " Ripping all my cd's is killing me ".....well.........i don`t know about the other guys here because they won`t try what i am going to say to you and if they have they have not given me any feedback...try a VERY easy program called right click mp3
http://my.execpc.com/~sfritz/rc-mp3/
read all about it there and try it...its less than a meg and works like a 20 meg program...it is so easy to use even i can use it......lol....you can encode from 32kbps right up to 320 kbps...ripping has never been easier nor has encoding.....good luck and PLEASE...if you try this let me know how it worked for you

Posted Tue 02 Sep 03 @ 12:06 pm
Hey fasterboy,

I downloaded a programme a few weeks ago, called Windac 32, it helps ya rip all CDs to MP3s. Great programme, ya need to register to use the full version, but it lets ya rip all tunes from cds no matter how many ya do, i aint registered yet and its still letting me do the business.

pe@ce.

Posted Mon 08 Sep 03 @ 6:09 pm
never thought i would reply to my own post but there is something out there thats better than rightclickmp3 for ripping...its called...........exact audio copy.........man.....what a great program and its free....
http://www.exactaudiocopy.com
i know you will like it for sure....i am still learning it and i do not know if you can turn wavs into mp3s with it so i still use rightclick mp3 for that.

Posted Tue 16 Sep 03 @ 8:48 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)